Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hardly. And clearly this is just your own opinion. I tried Spotify for several months, and I found on the Spotify 'Radio Stations' it would repeat the same songs in a very tight 'genra' every couple of days, and in the same order! With Pandora, I really never know what's going to play next, and it wanders around much more liberally exposing me to new music I wouldn't have heard otherwise. I dropped my Spotify account and went back to Pandora. Now I use Pandora and XM radio app.
Sure why not just spout off instead of researching: The research shows my comment is accurate. So, millions of people share my opinion. It is fine if you want to stick with it- but do not push back on facts.
Pandora users
YearUsers
201774 million
201869 million
201963 million
202058 million

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-09 123308.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-09 123308.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 98
Hardly. And clearly this is just your own opinion. I tried Spotify for several months, and I found on the Spotify 'Radio Stations' it would repeat the same songs in a very tight 'genra' every couple of days, and in the same order! With Pandora, I really never know what's going to play next, and it wanders around much more liberally exposing me to new music I wouldn't have heard otherwise. I dropped my Spotify account and went back to Pandora. Now I use Pandora and XM radio app.
Totally agree with this. My husband uses Spotify, so I gave it a try and found that it played the same artist over and over. He's not a real music fan, so this is fine for him but not a good fit for me. Regardless, the car should be able to open an app on the phone.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Sure why not just spout off instead of researching: The research shows my comment is accurate. So, millions of people share my opinion. It is fine if you want to stick with it- but do not push back on facts.
Pandora users
YearUsers
201774 million
201869 million
201963 million
202058 million
With or without data, my personal preference is Pandora. And my "wish" wasn't for a Pandora app to be integrated into the Tesla UI, it was for the UI to be able to access apps on my phone. Again, my old Chevy can open Pandora, Spotify, and ITunes. Tesla should be able to handle this. No reason to debate Pandora vs. Spotify - this is a UI wish.

Pandora is losing favor- Spotify has taken a lot of that business.

Sure why not just spout off instead of researching: The research shows my comment is accurate.

The "research" you posted is simply just Spotify's growth. BFD. That does nothing to prove or even support your assertion that "Pandora is losing favor". We get it, you hate Pandora and love Spotify, as do lots of people. But you can't just make a blanket statement that "Pandora is loving favor" which is clearly wrought with personal bias.

And besides, the two services are fundamentally different and provide different listening experiences, so at a core level, you can't even compare them. Most people I know [warning: personal bias follows] realize that Spotify is horrible at variety and expanding ones' musical sphere. Spotify plays for people exactly what they want with very little to no variation. If that's what you want and like, great, whatever floats your boat. But most people I know who are serious about music don't subscribe to Spotify.

With or without data, my personal preference is Pandora. And my "wish" wasn't for a Pandora app to be integrated into the Tesla UI, it was for the UI to be able to access apps on my phone. Again, my old Chevy can open Pandora, Spotify, and ITunes. Tesla should be able to handle this. No reason to debate Pandora vs. Spotify - this is a UI wish.
Try this- when you first get in launch pandora from your phone- then you can pause or hit next from the UI on the screen. If you get out and get back in it should resume. This works with Audible and should work for Pandora. BTW- I used to love Pandora as well- I just gave up on the integration. I agree spotify free sucks, I went ahead and paid for an account and you get a massive difference in experience there.

Reactions: Drehrlenmeyer
The "research" you posted is simply just Spotify's growth. BFD. That does nothing to prove or even support your assertion that "Pandora is losing favor". We get it, you hate Pandora and love Spotify, as do lots of people. But you can't just make a blanket statement that "Pandora is loving favor" which is clearly wrought with personal bias.

And besides, the two services are fundamentally different and provide different listening experiences, so at a core level, you can't even compare them. Most people I know [warning: personal bias follows] realize that Spotify is horrible at variety and expanding ones' musical sphere. Spotify plays for people exactly what they want with very little to no variation. If that's what you want and like, great, whatever floats your boat. But most people I know who are serious about music don't subscribe to Spotify.
Pandora was listed first- directly from them- shrinking user base over the years. It does not matter- see my other post on ideas on how to make your experience better. Hopefully that gets you to a better place.

1) Valet mode issue: it seems I can enter and exit Valet mode on my app quite easily. But inside the Tesla, I can only enter the Valet mode, but not exit. Yes it will prompt me to enter the pin I set on my app, but nothing happens. This is still the case for 2022.8.3. Not a big item but I can see how it could be an issue in corner cases (forgot phone, etc.)

2) Has anyone gotten iMessage to show up on their Tesla? I have my iPhone connected and while the big screen tells me "New Message will show up" but I haven't seen any new messages in my Tesla yet.
1. I would like to be able to link a card key to the valet profile so I can just hand over the card stored in the car and not worry about it.

2. AFAIK the messages are no longer displayed as text like they used to on the cluster screen as previously. Just audio.

New to this thread and less than 12 months into owning my Model S. We just bought my wife a 2022 Model 3 about 2 months ago and I'd love to have the functionality of the right steering wheel scroll wheel adjust the following distance in the Model S like it does in the Model 3. Especially since moving that scroll wheel left/right does absolutely nothing!! Let's get that thing to work!!! :)

Model S/X Refresh / Switch Music Control from Right to left or vice versa Using these arrows use to be there but seems like they removed it recently. I cannot see it anywhere now...

View attachment 827109
If you touch and hold your finger on top of media app you can simply drag it from left to right and vice versa. It needs to be in med/large view (extend to top of screen) before dragging. You can also do this with phone, web, camera, calendar apps, etc.

Reactions: DWtsn
If you touch and hold your finger on top of media app you can simply drag it from left to right and vice versa. It needs to be in med/large view (extend to top of screen) before dragging. You can also do this with phone, web, camera, calendar apps, etc.

Thank you, I am aware of that, How ever that is almost 2 or 3 step

Since it requires The control section to be expanded first than swipe up and than move it over and it is still in expanded view so than you have to bring it down again.. so almost 4 step to do one function., Vs Just hitting those right left arrows like it use to be..

Reactions: DWtsn
Thank you, I am aware of that, How ever that is almost 2 or 3 step

Since it requires The control section to be expanded first than swipe up and than move it over and it is still in expanded view so than you have to bring it down again.. so almost 4 step to do one function., Vs Just hitting those right left arrows like it use to be..
I haven’t seen those arrows to switch in forever (if ever) on 2021+.

A couple years ago text-to-speech of incoming text messages was added to the ancient MCU vehicles such as mine. I wish somebody actually tested this stuff before releasing, there is no means of adjusting the audio volume level, it is 100%. The volume scroll wheel on the steering wheel does nothing, normally it controls telephone audio independent from entertainment audio when the telephone is active. Neither telephone nor entertainment volume affects incoming text audio.

Reactions: David29