Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S software updates

Do you feel the last update is even worth going out in the cold to your car to start the update?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another useless update come on Elon where's all these great updates we're supposed to get like for navigation! And being able to turn on seat heaters and steering wheel remotely. If it works the way I think it's going to what good is it if the steering wheel heats up automatically once I start my drive I might as well turn it on myself I want to be able to turn that thing on remotely I want to get in the car in the be warm and the steering wheel be warm already!

Attachments

• 20180202_192319.jpg
    20180202_192319.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 108
I'm actually glad to have every update that comes through no matter how minor they are, especially when they happen on regular intervals. Heated steering wheel may seem trivial to someone not living in cold climate but after visiting local SC here at Devon PA today to get chrome panels on doors aligned, I was happy that they were able to push this update to me. Having to manually turn on heated steering wheel every time is just annoying! And yes, after installing the update, I went out into the freezing cold just a few minutes ago to verify that I did receive this convenient feature ;)

Let's face it... All these small updates that are rationed out to us are done deliberately that way. If we got everything at once, we wouldn't have anything to look forward to each month while AP or FSD is being developed. Easy entry, camper mode, steering wheel heater memory battery preheat indicator in app and other tweaks could be knocked off quickly if desired. Auto high beams, auto wipers take more resources. Major overhaul of operating system will take longer... Patiently waiting for software version 9.0. Maybe we'll jump straight to 11 ;););)

Guys and Girls, lets remember that Tesla is the only car manufacturer that updates their vehicles, adds features and performance after delivery with free software updates! Seeing posts like these makes everyone look like spoiled little brats... Try not to be too spoiled and enjoy the fact that we get a free updates with value added features /rant

Guys and Girls, lets remember that Tesla is the only car manufacturer that updates their vehicles, adds features and performance after delivery with free software updates! Seeing posts like these makes everyone look like spoiled little brats... Try not to be too spoiled and enjoy the fact that we get a free updates with value added features /rant

^^^^^^This...

Jeff

Yes we get constant software updates unlike other vehicle manufacturers because they already have all their features active and ready to go before they sell the vehicles. Unlike Tesla that puts out a car and years later and you still don't have all your features activated and working properly

And this way rather than getting all the features when you get the car like from the other brands, you get to enjoy each feature one at the time over years to come. With the other guys the excitement over automatic wipers of easy entry is completely overshadowed by the fact that they are all available when you take possession of the car, so you don't enjoy it as much. Nobody wants the excitement of steering wheel automatically turning on to get in the way of their enjoyment of auto-unfolding mirrors.

Hmmm... maybe the other guys should just time-lock their features so they slowly unlock over time. After 1 year you get auto-wipers, after 3 years easy entry... I bet people would pay extra for this time-release-feature.

EDIT:
sarcasm.png

Last edited:
And this way rather than getting all the features when you get the car like from the other brands, you get to enjoy each feature one at the time over years to come. With the other guys the excitement over automatic wipers of easy entry is completely overshadowed by the fact that they are all available when you take possession of the car, so you don't enjoy it as much. Nobody wants the excitement of steering wheel automatically turning on to get in the way of their enjoyment of easy entry.

Hmmm... maybe the other guys should just time-lock their features so they slowly unlock over time. After 1 year you get auto-wipers, after 3 years easy entry... I bet people would pay extra for this time-release-feature.
Not trying to sound like a jerk but in my honest opinion that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard . Especially since some of them not yet active are safety features so what a feature that could save my life will unlock after one or two years!

Spoiled little brats I don't think that's the definition of people that just want what they paid for. Or in my case I'm retired Army infantry another words I worked my ass off for this car I've got shrapnel wounds to prove it! Again not the definition of spoiled little brats!

Spoiled little brats I don't think that's the definition of people that just want what they paid for. Or in my case I'm retired Army infantry another words I worked my ass off for this car I've got shrapnel wounds to prove it! Again not the definition of spoiled little brats!

Thank you for your service, sir. My brother-in-law is a CSM in the infantry.

Reactions: Hacksaw
Not trying to sound like a jerk but in my honest opinion that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard . Especially since some of them not yet active are safety features so what a feature that could save my life will unlock after one or two years!
I fixed the original post, see "EDIT:" section. :)

I fixed the original post, see "EDIT:" section. :)
LOL nice edit. Still the dumbest thing I've ever heard though that'd be like buying a tesla house then after a month they take the padlock off your toilet so you can use it then 6 months down the line they take the padlock off your breaker box so you have electricity then after a year water. you see where I'm going with this