TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model s speed boost!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Romand, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Romand

Romand Member

Hey guys was wondering if us refresh fascia model s owners and up with non performance versions will be getting speed upgrades just like the mid range TESLA model 3? Thanks I would so pay for this for my 75d

• Funny x 4
  2. glide

glide Active Member

No

• Like x 1
  3. Dypkny845

Dypkny845 Member

Nope. We already got ludacris

4. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

Hard no.

5. Romand

Romand Member

Why!!!?? :(

• Disagree x 1
  6. glide

glide Active Member

::sigh:: because you don’t always get what the other kids get

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  7. MichaelP90DL

MichaelP90DL Active Member

You must be a parent.

• Funny x 1
  8. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Active Member

The model S are already near max performance. Tesla have almost everyone a free speed boost a year or so back as the model 3 as rolling out. Major boost to the 75D (0-60 went from 5.1s down to low 4’s) minor one to the 90/100D (4.2 to 4.1). Look up “uncorking”

9. voltage

voltage Member

10. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

11. Romand

Romand Member

12. Navsarin

Navsarin S100D Red Rocket

#12 Navsarin, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    Tesla has already maxed out performance on the older motor design for MS/MX. Perhaps minor efficiency tweaks here and there but I’d say after the last uncorking, that’s abt it.

M3 is receiving a lot of the latest and best which is a measure of how far production and hardware/software tech in the cars have advanced.

ie. the latest iPhone XR will get all the goodies compared to the larger and older 6+.

I wish it were possible for us ‘legacy’ owners to be equalized however that’s the price one pays for being earlier adopters of new tech.

(And by legacy I mean mid 2018 100D...which is actually kind of ridiculous If you think abt it! As soon as Raven appeared, all previous models instantly dated and it considered previous Gen. ‍♂️