Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Speed Update Via Software?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got off the phone with a Tesla advisor to ask about my Model S 75D to see what production date it was produced to see if I got the speed upgrade and what he told me was that update 17.26.76 (which was applied end of June) had given our car the updated speed.

Unfortunately, my car has been at the service center since the 3rd day of me getting it because it has some delivery issues (scratch, paint defect, and etc) so I cant test it.

When I asked him about the new DU he said that "no, its just a software update". He said it he DU was changed, it would be a major change.

So I am confused too now. Anyone else experience this or get the update to feel any faster?

P.S. he said mine was produced on the 16th of June.

I've got a 75D build date of end of Feb 2017. It was an inventory car that was delivered to me July 4. I received 17.26.76 and have experienced no change in my 0-60....

I am hopeful the 75D, which I have heard is a software only update will get the improved speed.

There is a drive unit model number change. They may have enabled it in software, but it is only available if your car has the upgraded drive unit. I've seen a few posts showing the model changes on a recent order ticket, check into which drive unit you have.

So tesla guys are wrong? Called again and got same answer?

If they are telling you your car is quicker, only you can tell if it is. If they are telling you that your car has the new performance implemented and you are getting faster 0-60 times you should go time it. But since nobody else has it yet, I think you are wasting your time. I have an AP1 X 90D today as a loaner. It is noticeably quicker than my new 75D, maybe a second in 0-60 time. And the update should be a second quicker still. There is no way my car has the update implemented yet. Here are some third party 0-60 verified times.

Maybe the dealer will let you test drive some other cars so you can compare.

Last edited: