TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model S - Stereo Installer Wanted

Discussion in 'Model S' started by rlansford, Oct 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. rlansford

rlansford New Member

Can anyone recommended a top-notch stereo installer in the Austin TX area ? My requirements are:

1. First do no harm (to my Model S).
    2. Nearly full integration with the current stereo in the touchscreen display and steering controls (although I expect better EQ/bass adjustments to be done by an outside unit), maybe in the slot below the screen.
    3. High end sound (but not the best there is, as audiophile items can be obscenely expensive... for example, the last stereo I built had Alpine speakers that were the next-to-best they had, and they were amazingly loud and clear and all I would ever need)
    4. Fabulous bass (like a kick in the chest when in the driver's seat, with windows up or down, and you don't really hear the kick drum, you just feel it - no boominess).
    5. Preservation of most back hatch conveniences (I probably want to keep the well in the back, and I want to still be able to load a bicycle with the front wheel removed).
    6. Must provide a reference in the form of a customer or demo install that I can see and hear. Will take no chances. My way or the highway on this one.

I will go out of town, but only if I really have to.