Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S stops all of a sudden once i drive off.

jlucero

Jun 23, 2015
DALLAS
this has happened more and more frequently lately. so i get in the car, get ready to drive off, and after a split second, the car immediately goes into Park on its own and stops. its very alarming and surprising. there is nothing in front of me, no obstacles or anything like that. seems to happen every other day now. anyone have this problem and know what causes this?

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
Yep. Either one of two things has caused this. One of the doors, (usually the driver's door) is open or opened. Or you raised up out of your seat and cleared the seat weight sensor that checks to insure that there's a person in the driver seat.

Reactions: boaterva

jlucero

Jun 23, 2015
DALLAS
chatting with tesla online now...they are saying this...

I believe the vehicle may be having a parking brake issue that would need to be fixed at service.

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
I'm confident they know more than I do. But you did say it was going into Park. The parking brake is different from shifting into Park.

jlucero

Jun 23, 2015
DALLAS
yes, i shift car into drive, getting ready to leave my location, and the vehicle goes into park and stops immediately. i dont think its an open door issue or me lifting off the seat.

Ostrichsak

Sep 6, 2018
Colorado, USA
Just buckle your damn seat belt. Problem solved. No need for an in depth Inquisition.

Also, search is your friend. This literally discussed as recent as a few days ago.

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
Okay, you got what you asked about. Our advice as to what may be the cause. You say no that's not it. Take it in to a service center.

Lasttoy

Mar 24, 2017
St Augustine, Fl
It happened to me today as I was backing out of a space. It happened about a week ago. I let it go. Now we have a problem.
Another subject.. might not be related, but appeared after 15 Sept load. The option to reset TPMS senors is gone from options. Service center is lost.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC