Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S strange indications on display

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
I just noticed today new brown lines bordering some roads on the big display.

At first I saw that a roundabout I was approaching had thin brown lines around it: later many other roads had them although not complete in some cases. It doesn't look like a fault in the display - I can't conceive of such a fault - has anyone else had the same thing?

I did take a photo with my iPhone but I think Apple has a non- standard file for photos and I don't know how to post it here.

Apr 7, 2020
Houston
are you sure its not the traffic lines showing up. I haven't noticed brown but they do get pretty dark red. I would think a traffic circle might be so slow going that you would get the darkest color.

Hairyman

Jul 24, 2019
Australia
Google flags traffic density with lines on the side of the marked roads that range from yellow to dark red. Have a look on your phone with traffic turned on in Google maps and see if they match up.

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
are you sure its not the traffic lines showing up. I haven't noticed brown but they do get pretty dark red. I would think a traffic circle might be so slow going that you would get the darkest color.

Traffic lines? Never heard of that. And I have never seen anything like it until yesterday.

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
Google flags traffic density with lines on the side of the marked roads that range from yellow to dark red. Have a look on your phone with traffic turned on in Google maps and see if they match up.

Sorry - I do have an iPhone but rarely carry it or have it switched on: it's just for emergencies.

Back to the Model S : if the display IS showing traffic, can it be switched off? It's very distracting - certainly when I saw it yesterday for the first time there was absolutely no traffic anywhere - the roads were empty.

paulp

Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide, Australia
I just noticed today new brown lines bordering some roads on the big display.

At first I saw that a roundabout I was approaching had thin brown lines around it: later many other roads had them although not complete in some cases. It doesn't look like a fault in the display - I can't conceive of such a fault - has anyone else had the same thing?

I did take a photo with my iPhone but I think Apple has a non- standard file for photos and I don't know how to post it here.
The feature can be quite helpful. I was heading across town and being a public holiday I was concerned a certain road might be busy. I checked on the big screen and it had long red lines, so I went on another road.

Reactions: Hairyman

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC