Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S strange indications on display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
I just noticed today new brown lines bordering some roads on the big display.

At first I saw that a roundabout I was approaching had thin brown lines around it: later many other roads had them although not complete in some cases. It doesn't look like a fault in the display - I can't conceive of such a fault - has anyone else had the same thing?

I did take a photo with my iPhone but I think Apple has a non- standard file for photos and I don't know how to post it here.

Google flags traffic density with lines on the side of the marked roads that range from yellow to dark red. Have a look on your phone with traffic turned on in Google maps and see if they match up.

Sorry - I do have an iPhone but rarely carry it or have it switched on: it's just for emergencies.

Back to the Model S : if the display IS showing traffic, can it be switched off? It's very distracting - certainly when I saw it yesterday for the first time there was absolutely no traffic anywhere - the roads were empty.

I just noticed today new brown lines bordering some roads on the big display.

At first I saw that a roundabout I was approaching had thin brown lines around it: later many other roads had them although not complete in some cases. It doesn't look like a fault in the display - I can't conceive of such a fault - has anyone else had the same thing?

I did take a photo with my iPhone but I think Apple has a non- standard file for photos and I don't know how to post it here.
The feature can be quite helpful. I was heading across town and being a public holiday I was concerned a certain road might be busy. I checked on the big screen and it had long red lines, so I went on another road.

Reactions: Hairyman