TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S struck head on in multiple car accident on freeway

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BobAbooey, Oct 27, 2019.

1. BobAbooey

BobAbooey Member

• Disagree x 1
  2. mbdionio

mbdionio Member

no fatalities right?

3. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Another BMW convert

Can mods change the title of this thread and add the fully relevant information of "after wrong way crash"? This title is just designed to get people to click on it and "discuss". OP doesnt even make any comments along with posting this video, but is just posting a video. I assume its for "discussion" but wonder why the fact that its a "tesla fire after wrong way crash" was not posted as such.

• Like x 4
  4. traxila

traxila Supporting Member

This sucks, but those cars are obliterated. The surprising thing would be if there were no fires.

5. Tron 3

Tron 3 Member

There's a reason they dropped the white sheet over that one car...

6. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Another BMW convert

Note: This post was originally in the Tesla Model 3 section, and was titled "Tesla Fire" with no other words by OP. Putting that here since my original post makes less sense with the thread change by the mods to a (much more appropriate) title.

7. destructure00

destructure00 Member

I'm pretty sure that's a Model S, not a 3, based on the rear proportions and trunk lid edge.

Screenshot_20191027-184233.png

• Like x 1
  8. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  9. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I think you are correct. When watching the fire from along the side, a couple times the rear door handle flashes and it looks like the S handle vs the 3.

• Like x 2
  10. focher

focher Member

Yeah, in the future provide some context. A link to a video just showing a Model S burning is useless. And yes, that’s an S and not a 3. You can also see the emblem on the bottom right of the trunk lid.

• Like x 1
  11. animorph

animorph Active Member

When I see this type of headline, my first thought is that the Tesla was in an HOV lane, the most popular lane for wrong-way drivers since it's on their right. A good reason not to use an HOV lane if the traffic is light.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  12. Grendal

Grendal SpaceX Moderator

Thread title corrected and adjusted to be clear the S was the victim of a wrong way driver in this circumstance.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1