Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S subsite and design studio being updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
Went to the site to see if they updated anything on the Model X side, then clicked over to the Model S page and noticed some visual changes. Went to the design studio and only got it to load after 3 attempts. Went in to the signature configurator and saw that interior options now has a thumbnail:

7454395900.jpg

So I'm guessing the update is coming...

P.S. GeorgeB: quick enough for you? :)

Also, the thumbnails for the options seem to be screwed up. On the Model S side there's a "Year of the Model S" video in the carousel that I didn't notice before (could be old). It wouldn't play for me in Firefox though (HTML5 video almost never does and I assume that's what they're using).

You can see how some of the thumbnails aren't matching the actual title and visual asset below:

Wrong paint color thumbnails:
3091144822.jpg

The 21" wheels show the thumbnail for the 19" and vice versa:
9707294931.jpg

Also, is it me, or does the actual rendering of the Model S look different in the paint picture below?
8549837834.jpg

*edit* and just like that, it's back to normal...

Doubt it would be browser bugs that more than one person experienced (I also opened it in chrome to try to use the developer tool).

I think they may have been updating some things and one or two items escaped. Odd that the thumbnail for the interior on the sig was microfiber though.

Whatever. I think it's fair to say the glitches were on Tesla's side and not randomly in the browsers of different people in different locations. If you're up for arguing for sport there's a few active threads perfect for that.

And we're glitchin again:

8196583107.jpg

*edit* managed to grab the sprite this time. Here are the interior thumbs:
ui_tray_int.png

and although we've already seen the wheels on the site, here's the sprite for the wheel options:
ui_tray_whl.png

Last edited: