Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S subsite and design studio being updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They've added convenience lighting to the tech package. Not sure what that is? Is it the lights that shine on the ground when you "wake" the car? (some manufacturers call them welcome home or come home lighting)

OLD:
6642193874.png

NEW:
8597015497.png

That's extremely sad. Unless those are now standard without the tech package.

I'm having trouble counting the number of things I have which charge in USB ports or plug into USB ports.

Agreed, but no, seems gone for now :(

I like that thought. :) That would be excellent.

I actually think I'd find USB more useful. What would I use an outlet in the cabin of my car for? Likely charging a phone or similar device -- so USB. Though I guess for a laptop it would work as well.

On that note, does the Model S have a traditional cigarette lighter socket? A lot of GPS and similar devices use them.

I'm beginning to wonder who exactly Tesla is thinking will sit in back. Clearly it's people who do not eat, drink, use electronics, or need to store anything. Elon's kids aren't old enough, clearly, or he'd realize how badly TM is crippling the ability of rear-seat passengers from enjoying the amenities of the ride.

I actually think I'd find USB more useful. What would I use an outlet in the cabin of my car for? Likely charging a phone or similar device -- so USB. Though I guess for a laptop it would work as well.

Yeah, I think that's why airlines have moved away from DC 'cigarette lighter' sockets to 110V outlets; you wouldn't have to pay Apple $49 for another white thing!

On that note, does the Model S have a traditional cigarette lighter socket? A lot of GPS and similar devices use them.

Yup, there's one on the floor right beneath the cup holders in the betas. It's mentioned on the standard specs page as well.