Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S subsite and design studio being updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
from the new garage in "My Tesla" i clicked the upgrade button just to see and what do i see?

I hope this is a mistake as we were told that the Canadian deliveries would start 3 months after the US. This is a further delay of at least 4 months ...
:crying:

Interesting pickup... I certainly hope it's not true, as I am banking on getting my production S (#285) in May 2013...

The main purchase page still has 2012 though...

Last edited:
The specification page now includes width dimensions of the Model S with mirrors extended and mirrors retracted. Just under 9 inch difference. Model S Specs and Standard Features | Tesla Motors

Interesting when I go there I get

1414664790.png

linking to Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors

Today they struck the aero wheel text from the facts page, but they're still on the pricing and options page. The following was removed:

Aerodynamic 19” wheels are designed to reduce wind resistance. Disc-like in shape, they channel air along the sides of the vehicle and can add up to 5% range during highway driving.

Nice highlighting! Thanks AO

Interesting that bit about 3 latch attachments but only accommodates 2 child seats simultaneously, and here is my speculation on why.
Latch anchors are set up in pairs, and most manufacturers say you can't use the inside anchors of the two Left and Right pairs to Latch the car seat in the Middle. Something to do with how the pairs are attached to the structure of the car. By having a third Latch pair you can safely put the car seat in the middle. There isn't enough room, however, for 3 car seats installed at the same time so you can have at most 2 (one on the left and right sides using those Latch pairs).

This is the first time I'm hearing of any car with this feature, which would be pretty cool and very thoughtful of Tesla.

Nice highlighting! Thanks AO

Interesting that bit about 3 latch attachments but only accommodates 2 child seats simultaneously, and here is my speculation on why.
Latch anchors are set up in pairs, and most manufacturers say you can't use the inside anchors of the two Left and Right pairs to Latch the car seat in the Middle. Something to do with how the pairs are attached to the structure of the car. By having a third Latch pair you can safely put the car seat in the middle. There isn't enough room, however, for 3 car seats installed at the same time so you can have at most 2 (one on the left and right sides using those Latch pairs).

This is the first time I'm hearing of any car with this feature, which would be pretty cool and very thoughtful of Tesla.

My LR3 has them at all three positions. I've usually found that the LATCH points are in the middle and on the driver side rear. Every GM car I've driven has this arrangement. Perhaps its just my personal experience.

What we really need is the owners manual online to read--or better yet a "new car features" manual. To answer these kind of questions. The NCF manual for the Prius is great--especially when compared the owners manual--I refer to it all the time.

Th robots are busily doing something to the website right now. Hope the manual comes online along with whatever else might be happening. It'd be a good read, I'm sure!