Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S -> Taycan Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But on a slight update for my delivery, because my plaid with 21 had a big bumper gash .... and new bumper replacement is not until the 20th... I decided to swap to another plaid in stock which has 19" instead... My only gripe with Tesla is if qc could get a bit better... other than that their service has been great. And to your point.. Yes. I think traditional dealerships will be obsolete because with the reduction of service intervals with EV and over the air updates, their role is being slowly diminished. Unless they change their methods, its an unfortunate eventuality for them. In the interim, Im quite happy I dont have to deal anymore with some of those dealerships anymore.
congrats on your plaid! i am sure you will enjoy it so much! also, great move on the 19" tempest rims-- i cannot say it enough what a world of a difference those rims make when it comes to a more comfortable ride.

But on a slight update for my delivery, because my plaid with 21 had a big bumper gash .... and new bumper replacement is not until the 20th... I decided to swap to another plaid in stock which has 19" instead... My only gripe with Tesla is if qc could get a bit better... other than that their service has been great. And to your point.. Yes. I think traditional dealerships will be obsolete because with the reduction of service intervals with EV and over the air updates, their role is being slowly diminished. Unless they change their methods, its an unfortunate eventuality for them. In the interim, Im quite happy I dont have to deal anymore with some of those dealerships anymore.
Direct sales and a service center that IS NOT a profit center goes a long ways with customers. Tesla and Apple are great examples.

Reactions: _Redshift_
congrats on your plaid! i am sure you will enjoy it so much! also, great move on the 19" tempest rims-- i cannot say it enough what a world of a difference those rims make when it comes to a more comfortable ride.
THANKS! Im excited to be picking it up today. Needless to say, we will be testing a few 20" wheel set ups to obtain the best compromise between weight/performance/comfort.

This is why traditional auto will fail and why dealership will be obsolete. If traditional auto continues to leverage dealerships and dealer networks continue to lobby their local politicians, then Tesla will win. Ford has started cracking down on dealers putting 25-50k markups on the Mach-E. They are getting desperate and people will simply go over to Tesla and save the mental pain of haggling or dealing with sleazy sales people.
yeah screw those legacy Automaker and their BS Sale Dealer networks. before the Plaid, I checked the Tycan and the EQS and got the same BS 30-50k above MSRP.

On the other hand the dealers service side of the business is amazing, so I hope the future business for everyone will be, buy from the manufacturer and hopefully franchise the service side and let different service store compete to get your business by providing better customer service, because to be honest Tesla SCs are a joke now with all the incompetent techs who work there now.

Wait until you are out of warranty. Tesla's service has now degraded to be the worst I have ever experienced. You are going to wish there was a local dealer where you can talk to a person, and they do your repairs the first time and on time. My P100D has been in the shop for weeks this year as they fix one thing, and then mysteriously, another thing breaks. I end up driving my ICE car more now (Macan GTS), and the only thing I miss is the Tesla acceleration and ability to bypass gas stations. Everything else is better in the Porsche.