Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S "Team October"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Joining the club here. Ordered late May. Most basic LR White with Black, 19's because the Senate may vote in Tesla to regain the EV Tax Rebate. Car has to be under 80k, and 79,990 seemed like an Elon calculated idea. 10k on the line and it was White or Red, so white it is! Only Black interior for me, and ventilated seats were a must. Im RN1150 and Ive been blank for a month, originally October.
Was told yesterday My Oct S order was now December. Granted it came from someone that works for Tesla so take that with two grains of salt.

I‘m indifferent about it though. From what I’ve read, it seems everyone needs to go blank at some point, just part of the process I guess. As long as it doesn’t sit blank for a long time…

Just went from blank to a date range - a but later now. November 22- December 12.

I'm assuming this is still good news, as it’s at least narrowing down… but getting awfully close to that 1 January luxury tax coming to Canada 😬

Reactions: Aleks0404
Same, consistent October to February.
Early June, 1151, LR/Blue/White/19s

In a way, this is good - now I can evaluate the options from other manufacturers that may or may not pan out..
Same here, very disappointing. I've wanted a Tesla for a long time, but now a 6 month wait is really annoying. What other cars are you looking at? Maybe it's time for me to think of something else...

It's a Canadian thing. Starting 1 Jan 2022, all cars over $100,000 CAD will incur a luxury tax of 20% on the amount above 100K, or 10% of the total amount, whichever is lower.

On my $130K MSLR, it'll mean an extra $6K in tax alone. It will also mean a cancelled order!

Aren't Canadians already taxed beyond reason? That seems a little much!!

Same here, very disappointing. I've wanted a Tesla for a long time, but now a 6 month wait is really annoying. What other cars are you looking at? Maybe it's time for me to think of something else...
Looking at the Taycan CT, I have a lucid reservation already (touring) and will also consider a Rivian after the initial reviews come in. I have a M3P that i bought at the end of 2019 with the express purpose of waiting for the eventual redesign of the Model S. I couldn't make myself get essentially the same car again , so went for a change with the 3. I don't love the 3, but it is a good deal for what you pay.

I was really excited about this redesign since I loved my old Model S. Clearly, Tesla is a very different company than it was in 2014. I can understand delays, but prioritizing without considering loyalty or wait time is a mistake in my opinion. I was a previous Porsche owner, have had multiple cars from the same dealer prior to Tesla. Called my dealer today, he still remembers me and is bringing a Taycan over for me to drive this weekend...this stands in stark contrast to my Tesla SA, who can't bother to text me back.

I will keep my reservation, but now am actively looking again. Wish that wasn't the case.

It's sad because as a relatively early supporter, I really wanted to stay with Tesla long term. I still may get this S, but they have killed that feeling for me...

Looking at the Taycan CT, I have a lucid reservation already (touring) and will also consider a Rivian after the initial reviews come in. I have a M3P that i bought at the end of 2019 with the express purpose of waiting for the eventual redesign of the Model S. I couldn't make myself get essentially the same car again , so went for a change with the 3. I don't love the 3, but it is a good deal for what you pay.

I was really excited about this redesign since I loved my old Model S. Clearly, Tesla is a very different company than it was in 2014. I can understand delays, but prioritizing without considering loyalty or wait time is a mistake in my opinion. I was a previous Porsche owner, have had multiple cars from the same dealer prior to Tesla. Called my dealer today, he still remembers me and is bringing a Taycan over for me to drive this weekend...this stands in stark contrast to my Tesla SA, who can't bother to text me back.

I will keep my reservation, but now am actively looking again. Wish that wasn't the case.

It's sad because as a relatively early supporter, I really wanted to stay with Tesla long term. I still may get this S, but they have killed that feeling for me...
I get where you are coming from. I bought a 2019 3 and sold it in anticipation of an improved 3. I also recognized the relative value of the new S and while its a bit of a stretch, I ordered anyway. My new 3 is en route now and I'll drive it until December...or potentially longer depending on how this S situation goes.