TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S Technical / Mechanical Issues

Discussion in 'Model S' started by DrComputer, Sep 27, 2012.

1. jhoughton1

jhoughton1 Member

2016 Model S 90D has started taking a long time to boot up the "system" when I get in and am ready to roll. Is anyone seeing this pursuant to recent "upgrades"? Or is it my problem and my problem alone...

• Helpful x 1
  2. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

Not just your problem — I've noticed this in my 2014 S60 for some months now. I presume that it was a change intended to reduce vampire drain. If so, and my car goes to sleep and takes five seconds or so to wake up, I don't have a problem with it.

3. Capt. Joe

Capt. Joe Member

I'm experiencing that problem as well. I figured its just because it sits overnight. During daily operation it works fine.

4. Capt. Joe

Capt. Joe Member

By the way mine is a 18" 100D

5. Cypherd8

Cypherd8 New Member

I have an "unsupported" (salvage rebuilt) facelift 2016 Model S. My car isn't getting a reading from the ambient temperature sensor, so the dash reads -- F*. Because of this issue, the A/C won't cool. Can someone indicate where exactly the ambient temperature sensor is located on the car. I've searched all over the car and internet and have had zero luck. Also if you could indicate what wiring harness attaches to the sensor that'd be helpful as well. Thanks in advance!

6. Cypherd8

Cypherd8 New Member

Disregard. FInally found the wire. Ambient temperature sensor plugs into the front wiring harness that connects to the fog lights and parking distance sensors. A/C works great now, finally.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  7. cliffski

cliffski Member

Any other S owners in the UK finding the car can no longer log into the tesla spotify account?

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Member

IIRC there was a time limit that Tesla hadn't been enforcing as to the free usage account... or are you using your own account? Also check if you are on the data limited agreement (fairly recent and rare). Just thinking of ideas...

9. laurynas

laurynas Member

Car is functioning as expected, no notifications in the screen, but found some strange error messages when connected to CID. Any Ideas? Should I worry about it?

carserver/recentAlerts,
    THC_d0004_pumpPT @2019-02-10T11:52:54 @hidden @,
    THC_d0005_pumpBat1 @2019-02-10T11:52:54 @hidden @,
    EPAS_d048_KFC_EPB_TIMO @2019-02-10T21:47:37 @hidden @2019-02-10T21:50:53,
    EPAS_d076_KFC_DAS_TIMO @2019-02-10T21:47:38 @hidden @2019-02-10T21:50:53,

10. Harris Littman

11. Harris Littman

Need Input:

1. Mile range drifts down when vehicle is not being charged. It is about a 5 mile drift per 24 hours. Temp in garage is between 30-40°F and interior is between 45-55°F. Is this normal?
    2. WH/Mi Average shows at 458. Temperature outside is ranging between 10-40° on average. Is this normal? Is there a way to figure out how many miles my P90DL Models S will travel based on a 90% Charge (228 Miles).?
    3. There is no text in the manual when i press the manual button. This appears to be intermittent since sometimes I do get data. Any ideas?

12. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

The rated range is based on 310 Wh/mile. So your average of 458 Wh/mile is ~48% higher. So you can adjust the 228 miles to ~119 miles of range if driven at 458 Wh/mile.

13. BridgeMojo

BridgeMojo Supporting Member

This problem seems to be shared by all of us running 2018.48.12. A two-scroll-wheel reboot brings back the manual text.

14. Harris Littman

Does this mean i have an issue with my motors to burn so much power and reduce my range. Or is it because the ambient temperature is cold. Should i take to Tesla for service or is this fairly normal.

TYIA,

Harris

15. Harris Littman

What do i press both and hold at the same time? that is the scrolls on the steering wheel correct?

16. BridgeMojo

BridgeMojo Supporting Member

Yes, give that a try.

17. Harris Littman

Thank You

18. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

It usually is dependent on how you drive and what temperature you set the climate control to. So there is no way for us to know if that is normal or not because we don't know how you drive.

If I had to guess I would say it is normal based on how you drive. (For example, short trips in the cold will cause your usage to go up significantly over the same distance in one longer trip.)

19. Harris Littman

It worked. Thanks again

20. 4EVar

4EVar Member

Yes! It is still occurring daily. Can't log in. Sometimes, after a reboot it works, other times it doesn't. Any saved playlists on the bottom of the screen work ok, so there is some Spotify access through the backdoor.