Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Technical / Mechanical Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had an issue with the windows not going back up after you close the door? The windows open slightly when you open the driver or passenger door, not sure the reason for this, but it does it and when you close the door it goes back up. My passenger side window does not go back up after you close the door, so I need to close it from the driver side. I've scheduled an appointment for the mobile tech to come out, but just curious if anyone else has had this issue. I have 2016 90D
Try to recalibrate your windows (with the doors closed):

Press and hold the down button until the window fully opens and hold for 5 seconds, then release.
Lift and hold the up button until the window fully closes, and hold for 5 seconds, then release.
Now press and release the down button to see that the window smoothly runs fully open.
Now lift and release the up button to see that the window fully closes.
Now try to open and close the door and see if the window drops and then closes properly.

Last edited:
Try to recalibrate your windows (with the doors closed):

Press and hold the down button until the window fully opens and hold for 5 seconds, then release.
Lift and hold the up button until the window fully closes, and hold for 5 seconds, then release.
Now press and release the down button to see that the window smoothly runs fully open.
Now lift and release the up button to see that the window fully closes.
Now try to open and close the door and see if the window drops and then closes properly.
That worked thanks. I'll cancel my service appointment.

So how exactly do I cancel my mobile service appointment? It shows I have one scheduled, and when I click on it in the app it just brings up the list as if I want to schedule another appointment. I logged on to my account on my desktop and there was nothing there for me to cancel it there either.

So how exactly do I cancel my mobile service appointment? It shows I have one scheduled, and when I click on it in the app it just brings up the list as if I want to schedule another appointment. I logged on to my account on my desktop and there was nothing there for me to cancel it there either.
Is your app up to date? When I tap on my next service appointment it gives me a modify or cancel option. If you haven’t already, check to make sure you have the most recent version of the app. Install the latest version and reboot your phone.

Is your app up to date? When I tap on my next service appointment it gives me a modify or cancel option. If you haven’t already, check to make sure you have the most recent version of the app. Install the latest version and reboot your phone.

It says I have version 3.10.3-390 and no updates are available. I logged out of my account and logged back in, but it's the same result, when I click on it, it just goes like I want to setup a new appointment. Maybe I'll try to setup a new appointment and see if it then shows two appointments on the phone.

must be something wrong with that original appointment I created. I created another appointment, and got an approval text saying it was setup, then I was able to modify and cancel that appointment, but the old appointment still shows up. Maybe it will go away after the date passes.

Woke up to this this morning. Did a reset same errors issues. Repeated and so far so good (errors gone). Should I worry/schedule service -or is this a known bug?

Came back on on the drive to work. Scheduling service.

Attachments

• 246599C7-BFC2-4BE2-887D-714C76629F6E.jpeg
    246599C7-BFC2-4BE2-887D-714C76629F6E.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
I just got my back from service where I had to have my hood re-aligned....it was 5 days old to me.....what a great experience.....I went yesterday with no appointment at 0730......today at 1430 got a call and was told the car was ready....Went and got it, I could not be any more pleased....The hood was aligned perfectly and the car did not have one scratch on it....I have to say, I was worried about things being done right....but this time, it was and I am very happy.....I have to give them credit in a time where we see some horrible things said about service and help.......I was a Professional experience and they communicated very well.....So my hats off the the folks at Costa Mesa Service Center......

Also, with no appointment, I was taken care of and with no delay...Surprising......and there were not a lot of cars coming for service like at Lexus and Toyota......

Overall, a very good experience.....

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke and JRP3
Just had a great service experience at Tesla SC in Jax., Fl.

I had two issues: the glove compartment leather covered facia fell off and my tire inflation warning lights went haywire.

Initially I requested service for the glove compartment on the app and a mobile tech was assigned for a few days out. But after I revised the request, adding the tire inflation warning lights, my appointment was changed to a Service Center visit.

The next day I get a text from the SC requesting my tire pressure readings. Here's where it gets strange (to me). I respond that they all read 41 lbs. They immediately suggest I raise the pressures to 45lbs. Sure enough all the lights go out. But what puzzles me is that I have had the car for over 2 years ('17 MS, 10k miles) with the same tire pressure with no warning lights. I can only assume an update must have changed things???

So my visit to the SC was very short. They reattached the glove box fascia and I was out of there, no charge, in 30 minutes. This is my second excellent experience I have had with this Service Center which given I owned a chain of auto repair garages can be taken as high praise.

Got in my 2014 S85 RWD pre-AP and when I tried to drive, it said my charging cable was still connected. Problem was my cable was not connected nor was my charge port door opened. Tried to unlock and open charging port with screen, app and fob but nothing worked. Rebooted, powered off and still said cable was attached. Then I could hear the port clicking as though someone was constantly releasing and connecting the cable but port was still closed and wouldn't open. My car doesn't have a manual cable release in the trunk. Later in the day I went back to the car and everything was fine and was able to drive but it happened again the next day. Drove to SC without appointment and they said they had never seen this before. I hope it ain't an expensive fix...