Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Technical / Mechanical Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uh oh .... this one ain't pretty!

te.jpg

Just when I thought it was washer fluid ... I dipped a finger in and it is COOLANT!

Jumped in the vehicle and sure enough ..... COOLANT LOW!

Uh oh .... this one ain't pretty!

View attachment 18878

Just when I thought it was washer fluid ... I dipped a finger in and it is COOLANT!

Jumped in the vehicle and sure enough ..... COOLANT LOW!

Ouch! Pulling fuses and doing resets isn't going to fix that. You might need to get a whole new battery pack for that one.

Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Had an interesting issue with driver side window two days ago. It refused to go back up.

Hardware or software?

Thanks.

I have a similar issue with my non-Model S ICE car. It seems to happen when it is very cold. I'm thinking that there is condensation in the door and the colder temps cause the connection to break. Does the temperature outside the car seem to have an effect?

Too bad about the coolant, you did not run over anything did you? Maybe you'll get a fresh battery.

I have a similar issue with my non-Model S ICE car. It seems to happen when it is very cold. I'm thinking that there is condensation in the door and the colder temps cause the connection to break. Does the temperature outside the car seem to have an effect?

Well, i did park it in the garage all night and it is fairly warm in that garage, it is fairly well insulated. Also, the car seems to warm the garage at times.

Still though, it only worked after i reset both consoles to get rid of the "key fob not in car" error message. And even then, it was not perfect. hardware control (via switch) worked, software control (Auto-up at door closing) did not work until later in the afternoon.

Had an interesting issue with driver side window two days ago. It refused to go back up.
One more problem left. While it goes up and down with the switch. It also goes down automatically when you open the door but not UP when you close it. Open the door and close it multiple times and the window goes down further and further. This makes me think that the door should autodrop only in the very top position, which it does under normal circumstances but, what state was it in that leads to this behavior?

That is good enough for me, i reach over from passenger side and I raise it, no issue, I can wait until Tuesday. I take my son to soccer. "Fail to Auto-raise" issue persisted through soccer game and lunch.

Later the same afternoon, Auto raising decided to work, did not do anything special.

I will take to service, this post serves as documentation for the incident.

What do you guys think,

Thanks.

Having pulled the fuses with the window stuck down, the regulator might have needed to re-learn it's range of motion before it will auto drop. I think to do this, close the door and cycle fully up, fully down, and fully up again. Not really sure about your first issue though.

When I took delivery of my car in early Nov last year on two different occasions my front doors popped open. Recently I came back from Dr's office to find all doors unlocked and rear left door ajar. Luckily no one grabbed my precious little dog from the back seat. My car has been to the Fremont service dept. four times for these and numerous other issues. I have had issues with door and hatch alignment, tilt wheel not operating properly, front end alignment etc. etc. The last time they replaced my left rear door handle but the tilt wheel is still not fixed after going there 4 times. I have never had any new car with so many problems. I know there are people on this and other forums who attack anyone who brings up any mention of problems with these cars. If I continue to have problems with $100000+ car and Tesla does not live up to its promises of replacing sun visors and shade for the panoramic roof I won't post on these forums but instead send out nationwide news releases on news wires about my experience with Tesla so everyone knows the truth about the poor quality control of these cars.

When I took delivery of my car in early Nov last year on two different occasions my front doors popped open. Recently I came back from Dr's office to find all doors unlocked and rear left door ajar. Luckily no one grabbed my precious little dog from the back seat. My car has been to the Fremont service dept. four times for these and numerous other issues. I have had issues with door and hatch alignment, tilt wheel not operating properly, front end alignment etc. etc. The last time they replaced my left rear door handle but the tilt wheel is still not fixed after going there 4 times. I have never had any new car with so many problems. I know there are people on this and other forums who attack anyone who brings up any mention of problems with these cars. If I continue to have problems with $100000+ car and Tesla does not live up to its promises of replacing sun visors and shade for the panoramic roof I won't post on these forums but instead send out nationwide news releases on news wires about my experience with Tesla so everyone knows the truth about the poor quality control of these cars.

Sorry you're having issues, but...wow...what's with the threat?

Have you reached out to GeorgeB via the forum? You'd be amazed when an interested executive actually gets involved what gets done.

SG: "If I continue to have problems ...I won't post on these forums but instead send out nationwide news releases on news wires about my experience with Tesla so everyone knows the truth about the poor quality control of these cars."

Sounds kinda like a threat...

If I continue to have problems with $100000+ car and Tesla does not live up to its promises of replacing sun visors and shade for the panoramic roof I won't post on these forums but instead send out nationwide news releases on news wires about my experience with Tesla so everyone knows the truth about the poor quality control of these cars.

Poor quality control on your car, perhaps, but there's no data to back an assertion it's true of all Model S's. Mine, for instance, has been 100% defect free, something I can't say of the last 3 cars I bought (Audi, BMW).

You may want to investigate your state's lemon laws. Given enough visits to the shop, or total days there, you may be legally entitled to a new car. Often manufacturers will bend over backwards to make sure it doesn't come to this as they don't want a lemon recorded and reported.

You'll likely be 10x more successful just talking to Tesla and perhaps dropping a hint that you'd hate to have to lemon the car if they don't move to address your concerns, than taking it to the press.

You'll likely be 10x more successful just talking to Tesla and perhaps dropping a hint that you'd hate to have to lemon the car if they don't move to address your concerns, than taking it to the press.

Not to mention that the press isn't always going to cover the angle you want to. I was once so pissed off after America Worst (err, West) Airlines had a fire in the cargo hold, then hid it from those of us who had serious breathing problems from inhaling the fire suppressant and stuck us in a corner of the airport away from the press that I went and sought the press out. They took my quotes out of context and made it look like I defended the airline's actions instead of calling their piss poor management into question.

No one pays attention to "publish yourself" newswires, and the good newswires will filter out inappropriate material.

How about working with Tesla instead of threatening them?

If I continue to have problems with $100000+ car and Tesla does not live up to its promises of replacing sun visors and shade for the panoramic roof I won't post on these forums but instead send out nationwide news releases on news wires about my experience with Tesla.

Sending out a "nationwide news release"? Wow, that's gonna get some serious attention. I'll be sure to set up a Google News alert. What should I set up as the search term, "Random guy bitching on the Internet"?

"do as I say, not as I do"

SuperCoug, In my post I was referring to people like you who attack others on forums with their vulgarity. But that is all right because after all we all have freedom of speech and I see you are an attacking super cougar.

You just attacked the guy? Is this a "do as I say, not as I do"? Chill dude. Take a deep breath.

- - - Updated - - -

How about working with Tesla instead of threatening them?

Very good suggestion.

SuperCoug, In my post I was referring to people like you who attack others on forums with their vulgarity. But that is all right because after all we all have freedom of speech and I see you are an attacking super cougar.

Vulgarity? What vulgarity? I checked my TMC Forum settings and I have Sarcasm set on "HIGH" and Vulgarity set on "NONE".

My point is that you are not going to get much attention with a Press Release where you attack Tesla. I agree with the others that contend you will be more successful if you work with Tesla and give them a chance to make you happy.