Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Tesla - Broken Visor - Under Warranty - Tesla Offers to Glue it Back On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a broken driver's side mirror visor (that I never use).

The plastic clip broke and the mirror fell off.

I attempt to get it warrantied.

Tesla offers to glue the piece back on for me... with their super amazing glue.. (because apparently my glue wasn't good enough).

Or charge me about $150 to get it replaced.

:(

• Disagree
Reactions: oldTAVguy and GOVA
You never use it, so get it glued or pay $150 for something you don't use. Whats your point?

His point is likely: If hes in the warranty period, he should have the item replaced, since it doesn't qualify as a wear item, even if he was using it every day.

Ya'll got some weird standards re: Warranties, Build Quality, Customer service, etc;

Remember an underlying principle of Tesla Warranty is that it is not Tesla's problem / fault / responsibility.

If they believe it broke through misuse then they must demonstrate why that's their belief. Sure, if you 'break' something (incorrect use) it's not the same as 'something broke' when it shouldn't have done (in normal use).

In my experience, Tesla have been reasonably sensible in deciding which catagory a claim comes under, but it gets way harder when you can't present solid evidence either way.

I haven't looked at the part in question, but would it not be possible to buy the part cheaper and fit yourself, and save the battles with Tesla for claims worth several hundred or more?

Reactions: LN1_Casey
Tesla's basic MO recently is to deny all sorts of warranty repairs to keep expenditures down and pump up their stock price.
I sense an impending sale of the company.
DISCLAIMER: This is 100% pure speculation on my part, and I own zero stock in Tesla.

That's not in Elon Musk's MO, like even close. He wants to get to Mars, he needs a LOT of cash for that to happen. He gets paid by reaching certain hurtles with the Tesla Company (both stock price and achievements such as FSD), which is by far his most profitable. SpaceX is up there, but it's a private company and it costs a lot of money to make even one launch, reusable rockets or not. So even the profit margins on that are not the same.

If he voluntarily gets out before the company is worth 1 Tril, and he can't really be forced out because he owns a majority of the company, then I'd eat my Tesla hat. What other company that could buy Tesla and would allow him the freedom to pursue what needs to be done?

This is what it has to come down to in being a Tesla owner. "Glueing" back together your broken parts because Tesla won't honor their warranty.

I may as well glue my mouth shut.

Knowing how poor Tesla's after purchase service is, I try to avoid "service" like the plague - so yes, I've tried glueing it back together, and no.. it doesn't work.

It's pathetic how judgmental some of you are towards owners who try to hold Tesla to a "normal" standard.