Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S test ride, 1st October

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also have video I anyone would like. I do have tok say I was a bit disappointed with the ride. Not only was it quick, we were in the black engineering build car they brought in to help with demand. Interior was lacking in a few areas. So much so that my wife remains unconvinced tesla is making significant progress.

I rode in the red and the interior was pretty polished. The black was an engineering beta that they slapped an interior in at the last minute.

The car was amazingly silent. Unlike the Roadster you could NOT hear the drivetrain at all.

I rode in the red and the interior was pretty polished. The black was an engineering beta that they slapped an interior in at the last minute.

The car was amazingly silent. Unlike the Roadster you could NOT hear the drivetrain at all.

Funny you say that. I was just telling my wife today how the motor does make sound and tried to explain what it sounds like. Then I stopped and said, "you know, on Model S the motor is at the bottom of the car in the back, I bet you can't hear it at all".

Oh I'm not giving up! I told her it was a dud we got and tried to get pics of the white or red. I'm still just as excited about the car -- especially with sport coming
Did they not have a few on static display that you could poke around in? I'd like to spend a few minutes just sitting in one to try and get a feel for the size, feel the seats, play w/ the displays, etc.

Did they not have a few on static display that you could poke around in? I'd like to spend a few minutes just sitting in one to try and get a feel for the size, feel the seats, play w/ the displays, etc.

Nope. That was extremely disappointing. I asked several times if we could get photos. The press apparently got a chance so we should be seeing something from them ...

I should've upgraded to sig to get the more intimate event. I found out more from this forum and twitter than I did from the event sadly.
Sorry to hear your disappointment. The members of this forum did an incredible job in compiling, distilling, and discussion a huge amount of information. I figure the Factory event + test ride would more appeal to all of my senses. But for me, that did not justify a trans Atlantic flight, doing a test ride when it is 2am on my biological clock and following a presentation on 5am, then flying back.

This. I should've upgraded to sig to get the more intimate event. I found out more from this forum and twitter than I did from the event sadly.

Don't fret. The Signature event was EXACTLY the same. I had expected to have an intimate mingle with execs, including hopefully Elon. I'm not really disappointed--it was a great event. But know that all the Sigs got was to get into the same event you had a little earlier. Less crowded, yes, but there wasn't a chance to get any more info than you had.

For the pre-party at least some of the execs were hanging out at the test ride line (not Elon) so I did get to talk to some. Also got to talk to some of the employees one-on-one at the displays before they were busy with the tours. In one case it was four-on-one and I learned a lot.