Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Test Vehicle in Santa Cruz

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S Test Vehicle Spotted in Santa Cruz

So I was doing the weekend night drive with my wife with the Roadster and were returning out of Felton from eating pizza at Redwood pizza (which has some of the best pizza )when I decided to do a drive downtown in Santa Cruz before cruising back home. Coming into town I saw these wild headlights in my rearview that' I've never seen except on the Model - S... In particular the distinctive fog lights so I had to confirm. I pulled aside and looked over and yes it was the Model S. I then followed him around a bit and talked to him in a parking lot. It was the Performance package Model S. WOW that is one sexy car! Its a test vehicle doing its run from Palo Alto.

What a job ;)

Looking forward in seeing more of these cars on the road really soon!

Also not seeing any emblems, markings, and no exhaust pipes was a clear sign. The manufactures plate made sense... Looks like all the test vehicles are numbered on the side windows as well.

I snapped a pic when I let him pass.

IMG_5053.JPG

Last edited:
No doubt... I work on cutting edge technology with consumer products as well and gave him the respect of not asking questions other than if it was the Performance model. One thing for sure it looks like the permagrin smile carries over to the Model - S as well too when driving. He had a huge one for sure!

Last edited:
So I was doing the weekend night drive with my wife with the Roadster and were returning out of Felton from eating pizza at Redwood pizza (which has some of the best pizza )when I decided to do a drive downtown in Santa Cruz before cruising back home. Coming into town I saw these wild headlights in my rearview that' I've never seen except on the Model - S... In particular the distinctive fog lights so I had to confirm. I pulled aside and looked over and yes it was the Model S. I then followed him around a bit and talked to him in a parking lot. It was the Performance package Model S. WOW that is one sexy car! Its a test vehicle doing its run from Palo Alto.

What a job ;)

Looking forward in seeing more of these cars on the road really soon!

Also not seeing any emblems, markings, and no exhaust pipes was a clear sign. The manufactures plate made sense... Looks like all the test vehicles are numbered on the side windows as well.

I snapped a pic when I let him pass.

View attachment 6163

The night shot of the S looks great!!! I'm surprised that the Model S does not have LED tag light but I don't care...that's an easy change.

It looked even better in person! He was at the red light in the pic making a left with his signal on, that's why the right taillight is brighter than the left. The license plate light is interesting, wonder why they chose 2 over the one light. A single in the center would light the plate. Must be one size fits all for the long euro plates.