Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Tetris Game

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I haven't seen it posted anywhere, but "Pole Position" is clearly not on the Model S.
Understandably so, as the MCU is in portrait, rather than landscape in the M3, but perhaps we deserve a game of our own! :)

I think Tetris would be perfect for our MS screen.
What are your thoughts? Any others you can think of?

//
Would be interesting to play a bit of Tetris, but pole position is in newer MCU S/X’s but not in the MCU1 versions (pre March 2018’ish)

• Informative
Reactions: jlv1 and kylelerner
The original arcade Pole Position was portrait mode.

Actually, I take that back. It was in a square or 4x3 mode. So neither portrait or landscape.

I was thinking of the SEGA Turbo arcade game, definitely in portrait mode:

post-571-1092344092.jpg

Incorrect, its a very crappy port of an 8 bit game which is very likely developed in some high level language.
Sorry, but this is not correct.
Mars Madness is 100% the original Pole Position hacked to use Tesla steering wheel for control and putting orange color on the background.
To be very precise, "Mars Madness" is an hack of "Speed Up", which in turn was an un-authorised bootleg of Pole Position manufactured in Spain.
You can even burn the ROMs for Mars Madness onto the original EPROMs of Pole Position and play it in your arcade cabinet on the original PCB.
So, Mars Madness is most definitively an "old school 8bit game".

Mars Madness is 100% the original Pole Position hacked to use Tesla steering wheel for control and putting orange color on the background.

After reading your reply it seems you are right and I just responded under wrong assumptions. In that regard the hardware is emulated instead of running as native executable.

Thanks for the info!