Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: There are more European options than there are US options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While Tesla could (probably) add those to the U.S. cars at any point, it might not be until Model S 2.0. I would really like that Cold Weather package if I got a Model S but I would want heated mirrors with it, even if it bumps the (option) price up to €1.500/$2,000.

I would jump on that Cold Weather Package in a nanosecond. It would, in fact, be the very first option I would choose, if I could.

I know it's important for TM to possess a little focus on marketing to the central and southern California base, but - as evidenced by this extremely obvious package being available in Europe - there does remain a fraction of loyal consumers here in NoAm with priorties a little different from what is au courant in Sta. Barbara or Los Gatos..... I'm genuinely puzzled as to what the cost could be for TM to make this as an option in NoAm, and why they've chosen to omit it as a choice here.

My understanding (which could certainly be incorrect) is that they will be available about the same time. Since the European deliveries won't occur for some time, they are allowing those orders to include these options. In the US, where deliveries are now about 2 months or so, they can't take the orders for these options until mid/late summer since they won't be able to build the cars with them until late summer/fall. I know that there are several options that are important enough to me that I will wait until available, or just force myself to wait until the Model X I reserved is available. I just don't know if I can wait for the X where I only need to seat 4-5 at most. Just so darn used to AWD (live with snow) and SUV cargo capacity. Such a first world problem -- it's rather embarassing!

Unless the North American car options have been revised, my car seems to have all of the items in the Euro "Lighting Package" already anyway. I think it came with the "Tech Package" when I ordered my car. There are 3 lights in my trunk (one on the hatch and two on either side of the trunk space), I have front and rear footwell lights and (something I wasn't aware of until I got down and looked) downward-facing lights on the bottoms of my doors (in addition to the handle lights).