Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Tire Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our 2015 Model S 90 came with Michelin 19 inch tires and the ride was not very comfortable. We just replaced them with Cooper Ultra Touring and the ride is so much better. Now it rides more like our Model 3!

Curious in one way -- I have always had the impression that Model 3 rides harder than model S.
One other point -- New tires almost always feel better than old tires, regardless of the brand/type. If your Michelins were sufficiently worn to be replaced, it makes sense that the new ones feel nicer. I hope they stay that way as they wear....

Reactions: maximizese
One other point -- New tires almost always feel better than old tires, regardless of the brand/type.

I can't think an instance where this was not the case. Sure an obtuse argument would say a set of new studded off-road tires would be noisier than a half-worn Grand Touring tire, but that's a far reach with no practical implication.

Generally the perception of most tire reviews is pitting the fresh new tire against a worn out tire. It's important to see beyond that and get a proper evaluation of the tire when new, half worn, and pretty much at the wear indicators.

Reactions: David29