Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S to be on Top Gear US.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't believe the US version is still on TV. Maybe it's because I've watched the original for so long, but I don't like the presenters. They basically try to mimic the UK version, unsuccessfully. But I'll definitely watch it for this episode.

I can't believe the US version is still on TV. Maybe it's because I've watched the original for so long, but I don't like the presenters. They basically try to mimic the UK version, unsuccessfully. But I'll definitely watch it for this episode.

I wasn't a big fan of the show in the first season, but the current is really growing on me. Watched the Sturgis show last night (my hotel has cable!!!) and it was really good. Suggest you try watching this episode to see if it is more palatable for you.

I didn't like the show at first either. I found it took a while to get the UK version out of my head and accept the US version as a completely different show. It's not quite as funny but it does have its own merits IMO.

As I mentioned on another thread about this, I expect their review to be a positive one. I doubt they have an anti-EV agenda like Clarkson has.

Hi All. This is my first post to Teslamotorsclub. I can give a little insight into the Top Gear Episode. We did not use my Tesla S in the filming, (I don't know who's it was), but we did use two of my electric race vehicles and one from another EV racing team that I sponsor. If you watch the preview you will see them briefly. I have not seen the finished show but can tell you that the vibe was very positive and that the guys and crew were all great and we had a lot of fun.

I've loved watching the show since they switched to the all-challenge style in Season 2. It was a great decision, as pitting the three hosts against each other every week gives them a chance to develop their chemistry. It's worked, too, as they're constantly making little jabs at each other, which is a lot of what makes the UK series so fun to watch. I noticed they were starting to work car tests back in (they did a Mini a 3 weeks ago), which is a smart move.

Tanner loved my current car in Season 1, I'm excited to see what he thinks of the S.