TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S Tour (Stores)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by vfx, Apr 5, 2012.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

From the TM Events page Looks like 7 cars around the country at once.

[TR="class: odd, bgcolor: transparent"]

[/TR]
    [TR="class: even, bgcolor: transparent"]

[/TR]

[/TR]

[/TR]

[/TR]

[/TR]

[/TR]
    [TR="class: even views-row-last, bgcolor: transparent"]

[/TR]
    April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012 Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Oak Brook Oakbrook, IL April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012 Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Santana Row San Jose, CA April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012 Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Bellevue Square Bellevue, WA April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012 Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Park Meadows Lone Tree, CO April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012 Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Florida Dania Beach, FL April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012 Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Houston Galleria Houston, TX April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012 Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Fashion Island Newport Beach, CA April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012 Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Los Angeles West Los Angeles, CA
    Can anyone confirm or are these two cars hopping all over.

2. spatterso911

spatterso911 MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891

It's odd how only the LA and Fashion Island stores give details about the car, and they describe EXACTLY the same car...The rest do not tell you more about what is on display...

3. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

Am still waiting for the Beta to be in NY. Saw the red Alpha prototype in Greenwich, CT last summer

4. William13

William13 Member

Many of these betas are missing motor, pem and batteries. They have standard car batteries hidden in them to run the accessories such as ac,radio,roof,seat, and lights. This allows for cheaper store cars that won't be stolen or crashed in misguided demo drives from your rep who wants to please you. They also help the team learn how to build the car better each time. I was very pleased to see how many they have.

5. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

I believe that there will be at least one at each store in the very near future. These cars were meant to be stationary display units only so none have drive trains.

6. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

The woman at the DC store told me, when I went to see the beta a couple weeks ago, that they'd have their own permanent car in April. The way she said it, I got the impression it would be a real, drivable car; but reading this and a similar comment elsewhere makes me think it will just be another stationary demo unit. Darn! I was hoping to get a drive (even just as a passenger) soon, since I finally ponied up for a reservation. ;-) I wonder when that'll start happening -- a permanent, drivable Model S in all stores, with drives (at least for reservation holders, though preferably for all comers)?

7. BYT_P1837

BYT_P1837 Member

The guess I heard was about 2 to 3 months out and we would have drivable Model S' at some of the stores if not all of them.

8. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Maybe they'll get a pack put into it after deliveries (and NHTSA certification)

9. dadaleus

dadaleus 4GETOIL P85#S70,FdrX,S85D

I visited the white one in the LA store and it was as described (pearl white, black interior). I didn't check if it actually had a motor or anything.

I may swing by Newport today and will report on what I find there. I'll try to find out if it's actually drivable or not.

10. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Unlikely. I would guess that there's no airbags either (wouldn't be road legal).

11. aviators99

aviators99 Model S - R140

Went to the South Florida store today, and the same white one that was there a few weeks ago is back. It seems to be stationary, as described above. The employee there told me that they are expecting a newer model towards the end of the month; a black one. She also said that there should always be at least one there from now on. Also, they are moving the store to Miami, but leaving the service center where they are.

Also, she claimed that three local people have done their configuration as part of the initial ones.

12. ddenboer

ddenboer MODEL X #1770

As I mentioned in another thread, Santana Row is supposed to get a white Signature Sport this weekend.

13. drbradfo

drbradfo Member

santana row white sig sport : someone take some pictures! :) Would like to see the CF trim inside and out.

14. ddenboer

ddenboer MODEL X #1770

If my wife lets me I will go tomorrow.:smile:

15. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

If you can go, pictures would be great. Thanks. I am interested in the black interior with red piping if it happens to have that.

16. goyogi

goyogi Member

Why Signature if they are sold out? I want to see the grey interior.

17. dadaleus

Signature Sport and non-Signature Sport interiors are identical from what I've been told. You just can't get the white interior as a non-Signature.

Me too! But i'd still be interested to see any sport interrior. Wish that would come to So Cal.

18. goyogi

goyogi Member

Black and tan are available on all models. White interior is exclusive to sig and grey is exclusive to non-sig. Check out the design studio as well as the options/pricing page. Not sure if the person that told you otherwise has some other info?

19. dadaleus

I see your point. My bad re gray. My point was at least you can see what the Sport interior is like, even if not the exact color you want.

Also bear in mind that while Signatures are sold out, most of us haven't picked our cars yet so it would be nice to see a Sport interior to compare against the non-Sports we've been seeing.

20. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

No such thing as "Sport" for the S. I think you mean "Performance". ;)