Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Tour (Stores)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone goes to Santana Row and confirms the car's presence, can you please post and let us know if they're letting folks sit in it or if it's a roped-off, display-only car? I'm eager to show the car to my wife, but I can't haul her all the way down there (we live in SF) unless she can actually get in the car and see it from the inside. Thanks to any and all in advance!

If anyone goes to Santana Row and confirms the car's presence, can you please post and let us know if they're letting folks sit in it or if it's a roped-off, display-only car? I'm eager to show the car to my wife, but I can't haul her all the way down there (we live in SF) unless she can actually get in the car and see it from the inside. Thanks to any and all in advance!

They are in the business of selling cars, if you are a reservation holder, you can sit in the car. If you are serious about becoming a reservation holder, you should be able to convince them to let you in...

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?sdipq2

For the last Tesla event we had in Florida the reservations holders received an email notifying Florida reservation holders of the availability of the prototype and that the store would open an hour early for reservation holder to explore the car. After that hour it was open to the general public and they had equal access to sitting in the car and receiving demonstrations, etc. I would think this would be Tesla's standard operating procedure.

Larry

Does seem odd they didn't just stick with "sport" though. Reserving that moniker for a high performance variant in the future? Or maybe they don't feel sedans and cuvs should be sport cars

As someone who edits a magazine for a living, my guess is that they decided "Model S Sport" doesn't roll off the tongue as nice because of the awkwardness of the two "s" sounds in a row. Again, just my semi-educated guess. :)

Roped off but they are letting people in. I asked about the sport/performance/trace-buster-buster-buster version and they said that they MAY get it Monday. Though it's not finalized as they also might get the silver one.

Thanks! I will probably wait to hear if they get that one then. I've only got one chance for this car to make a first impression on my wife, so I need everything to be as perfect as possible. :p

New info from my NY city store

The NYC store should be getting an advanced beta stage model s on the weekend of april 15th. It will be open to the public the rest of the week. The weekend after, there will be an "exclusive" event for all reservation holders in the area. Invitations "will" be sent out soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for this. The person I spoke to seemed very sure about the information. He did not say which color exterior. I will be in the city next sunday for the knicks game and plan to stop by if this still holds true.

only time will tell...

ETM

Is it accessible or roped-off/look-but-don't-touch?

It's roped off, but they do let customers sit in it. Santana Row is pretty good about that. Just ask nicely and you get to try out the driver's seat and get the full-blown demo of the touch-screen.

EDIT: and now I see I wasn't reading the latest post and goyogi beat me to it. Oh well...

Thanks! I will probably wait to hear if they get that one then. I've only got one chance for this car to make a first impression on my wife, so I need everything to be as perfect as possible. :p

If you want to make a good impression on your wife, I would wait for the Release Candidates(RC) cars in a few months. Like you said, you only get one chance to make a first impression! From chatting with the folks at the TM Stores, they buy parts to piece together the Beta's and so what you see isn't necessarily what we will get in the final production cars. The RC will be the car you ultimately buy so it's best to show that to her. Just go see it yourself in the meantime and enjoy checking it out without the pressure of trying to convince your wife just yet.

Last edited:
New info from my NY city store

The NYC store should be getting an advanced beta stage model s on the weekend of april 15th. It will be open to the public the rest of the week. The weekend after, there will be an "exclusive" event for all reservation holders in the area. Invitations "will" be sent out soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for this. The person I spoke to seemed very sure about the information. He did not say which color exterior. I will be in the city next sunday for the knicks game and plan to stop by if this still holds true.

only time will tell... ETM
Thanks for posting this. Looking forward to the reservation holders event.

Thanks for posting this. Looking forward to the reservation holders event.
no problem. I am too. awaiting the email. :)

Originally Posted by ryanjm
If you want to make a good impression on your wife, I would wait for the Release Candidates(RC) cars in a few months. Like you said, you only get one chance to make a first impression! From chatting with the folks at the TM Stores, they buy parts to piece together the Beta's and so what you see isn't necessarily what we will get in the final production cars. The RC will be the car you ultimately buy so it's best to show that to her. Just go see it yourself in the meantime and enjoy checking it out without the pressure of trying to convince your wife just yet.

I was at the store a few months back and they said the door was too narrow to fit the model s into the store! At the time they said they were working on a solution, so they've either found a solution or they used your info. i definitely see what they mean because there is a regular door at the entrance, and to the left there is a huge glass window. So they would have to get the whole window out. Which would seem kinda pointless since its a beta and would only have it in the store for a few months AT MOST. Then they would take the beta out, and replace it with the RC! seems very inefficient to me.

:)

New Factory Tour/Event

I visited the NY store to see my favorite car on the planet last sunday. :) i played with the design studio and the little sample thingies and agreed with my previous choice of either silver or gray performance with tan leather and lacewood. I asked about the rumor of the next factory tour. There WILL be an event for all reservation holders to see all color and option combos in June. The lady said they had some dates floating around, but she couldn't comment on any of them, however definitely in June. Reservation holders will also get a tour of the whole factory. I did not ask about test DRIVES but I'm assuming there will be cars at stores by then. Suuuppppperr excited! :)...

and about the quality of the S, it was of amazingly good! The only fuss that I could agree with was the chrome trim. I inspected the car front to back,, that was my only complaint. The seats were even more comfortable than i thought they would be. I was VERY impressed. (VIN #47 by the way)

ETM