Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S towbar in Melbourne

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all.

Does anyone know of somewhere in Melbourne to get a towbar installed on a 2014 Model S? I don’t want to tow anything. Just carry a couple of extra bikes in addition to the two I’m carrying on the roof. The service centre didn’t seem to have any idea.

Cheers in advance.

Hi all.

Does anyone know of somewhere in Melbourne to get a towbar installed on a 2014 Model S? I don’t want to tow anything. Just carry a couple of extra bikes in addition to the two I’m carrying on the roof. The service centre didn’t seem to have any idea.

Cheers in advance.

Are you on Facebook and/or a TOCA member?
There's someone on the Tesla Owners Club Australia (Official) Facebook page that has installed a tow bar to his & other Model S's so they can carry bikes.

Thanks for the info so far.

No I’m not on Facebook, and I never will be, and neither should anyone else be. But that’s a discussion for elsewhere.

The torklift looks interesting but expensive.

Is there any further information about the TOCA person who installed one? Or was it the torklift as well?

Reactions: NiallDarwin
etowbars has the swan neck type towbars that detach when not in use. Expensive but look pretty cool.
Model-S-Towbar-etowbars.png

Details are here: https://etowbars.com/au/Towbars/Tesla-Towbars/Tesla-Model-S-Towbars They also fit in Melbourne.

etowbars has the swan neck type towbars that detach when not in use. Expensive but look pretty cool. View attachment 565941

Details are here: https://etowbars.com/au/Towbars/Tesla-Towbars/Tesla-Model-S-Towbars They also fit in Melbourne.

Is this your model S? Im searching for a towbar for my Model S so I can fit a 4 bike carrier. So far only found the torklift towbar which I was quoted $3000 for including fitting which is alot considering its only about $500US before shipping.

Was thinking about importing one myself but this one you have posted looks interesting.

I'm wanting to install a towbar on my 2014 model S too. I got quoted around $3k from a local installer in Canberra who's done a few on Tesla's, but that seemed a tad excessive.
I was going to look at importing the torklift one myself and then paying an installer to install to try and bring the cost down, but I'm not sure about how much shipping has been disrupted by the pandemic

I'm wanting to install a towbar on my 2014 model S too. I got quoted around $3k from a local installer in Canberra who's done a few on Tesla's, but that seemed a tad excessive.
I was going to look at importing the torklift one myself and then paying an installer to install to try and bring the cost down, but I'm not sure about how much shipping has been disrupted by the pandemic

This was the same installer who quoted me. He did say he could supply but not fit it for $1950. It seems fairly easy to fit yourself if you are used to working on cars. Theres a few youtube videos showing the process, the only tricky part would be removing and refitting the rear bumper.