Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Transition from Previous Order to New Refresh Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brunla

MS-LR / MSM / Black / Arachnid / FSD
Dec 22, 2020
Los Angeles
So I ordered my S in Oct 2020. They finally wanted to deliver my car at the end of December, after they had announced the shut down of the factories. I did not want to take possession not knowing what was ahead. (Knowing a refresh could be a possibility.)
I get the whole $2000 discount thing. Not happy about it, but whatever. What is bothering me now is seeing people with delivery date expectations, some as early as February. Yet my account is stuck with the old car and old pricing and no
"edit" button. My SA assures me that I am in priority position, but it bothers me that others that have not waited as long are getting dates and correct information on their accounts. The SA said they need to "migrate" the account over and not sure how long that will take. Why people making new orders are getting dates, and people who have been waiting since last October are not, is frustrating.

Does anybody have any information on how to get this corrected or has their account been "migrated"?

So I ordered my S in Oct 2020. They finally wanted to deliver my car at the end of December, after they had announced the shut down of the factories. I did not want to take possession not knowing what was ahead. (Knowing a refresh could be a possibility.)
I get the whole $2000 discount thing. Not happy about it, but whatever. What is bothering me now is seeing people with delivery date expectations, some as early as February. Yet my account is stuck with the old car and old pricing and no
"edit" button. My SA assures me that I am in priority position, but it bothers me that others that have not waited as long are getting dates and correct information on their accounts. The SA said they need to "migrate" the account over and not sure how long that will take. Why people making new orders are getting dates, and people who have been waiting since last October are not, is frustrating.

Does anybody have any information on how to get this corrected or has their account been "migrated"?
I’m in the same boat as you. Just waiting to see when actual deliveries take place.

Don't know if this will help or not - Some have posted here that some browsers display the edit button and some do not. I think the Chrome browser has been reported as one which normally does show edit. Others have reported that their SA was able to perform the reconfiguration from their end. Best wishes to you both.