Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Trip details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I am waiting delivery of my MS75D, I have, like many other before me, been reading the manual from cover to cover :)

When I use my car for work I need to accurately record my mileage (and claim the pennies back;)).

On my present car I reset Trip A each morning, do my visits for work then record the day's mileage. The Trip B I try to reset on a monthly basis but I invariably forget :( (which is no real issue).

Page 60 of the manual states that the trip can be saved or reset, so is it as easy as that?

Yes, it's just a couple of taps on the screen to reset them.
You can also rename them, so in your case you could call one "Daily" and the other "Monthly".

If recording milage is important for work reasons, then the connected nature of the car may be handy for you too. There are online services which will poll the car and record the trips, or if you know any programming language you could easily pull the data yourself.

Reactions: Terry_B58
TeslaFi records everything straight from the cars logs. You can trial it for free and then it’s $5pm thereafter. Worth getting straightaway as you can’t get any backdated data. You can specify the price you pay for electricity so it calculates the cost and gives all sorts of other info that’s interesting - if you like that sort of thing!

For the sake of £3.70 pm I’ve kept it going just for the hell of it tbh. That said, one useful feature is being able to schedule the heating to come on at given times, which is something the Tesla app doesn’t do.

Teslafi will allow you to see data all sorts of ways. I also log plenty of work miles that need tracked.
For instance.
upload_2018-2-3_16-13-2.png

upload_2018-2-3_16-12-25.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-3_16-11-20.png
    upload_2018-2-3_16-11-20.png
    396.2 KB · Views: 68
  • upload_2018-2-3_16-12-49.png
    upload_2018-2-3_16-12-49.png
    256.8 KB · Views: 50
I take it you’re buying the car yourself and it’s not a company car? If it’s a company car you’ll not be able to claim any mileage payment and you may want to check your company policy regardless as some only reimburse at HMRC rates which is zero for all electric.

I take it you’re buying the car yourself and it’s not a company car? If it’s a company car you’ll not be able to claim any mileage payment and you may want to check your company policy regardless as some only reimburse at HMRC rates which is zero for all electric.

Yes, JonG, it is my own purchase so will get the difference from what the company pays per mile and the current rate of 45p/mile for the first 10k then 25p/mile for each mile after. With my mileage around the £7k mark.

Reactions: JonG