Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Trunk Lighting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@FLDarren just did a quick check on mine, i have it on the pass side, havent explored enough on the driver side yet, will do that later when i get home, but the connector looks pretty consistent...the frunk lamp has the same tyco 2 pos connector.....strange thing is i dont have lights on my doors!!! wtf......can you post a pic of your underside door?

Easy peasy. I don't have the rear puddle lights either. Snap off most of the rear door panels and either tap into the wires from the red light on the side of the doors or check the little connector to the right of my thumb in the picture. I just snapped off the door panel for a moment one day to see about the power source. I didn't see that connector the the right of my thumb when I snapped the panel off that day. I only just now see it. With the help of my trusty sidekick The Great Dane I'll get this done soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    579.7 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
So the harness is only on the driver side? And not on the passenger on vehicles without premium lighting? I'm an installer so I can do the aftermarket lighting easily,but was just upset because they don't list it as an upgrade on the premium lighting package. Can someone post pics of their stock lighting in the trunk passenger and driver side?

@siai47 and @shadowinstallz, The truck light harness is on both sides. My VIN 208xx did not have the trunk lights. I hunted down the harness (on both sides) when I was adding LED strips under the parcel shelf bracket. And I bought a set of puddle lights/truck lights at the SC for $24.xx for two. The lights under the doors and the truck lights are the same. I also added nylon strap tie downs in the trunk corners. The trunk light harness/connector is zip tied to the wiring on the right side. You have to reallllly peel back the carpet on that side in the inside corner below the tail light to find it.

- - - Updated - - -

@FLDarren just did a quick check on mine, i have it on the pass side, havent explored enough on the driver side yet, will do that later when i get home, but the connector looks pretty consistent...the frunk lamp has the same tyco 2 pos connector.....strange thing is i dont have lights on my doors!!! wtf......can you post a pic of your underside door?

Shadowinstallz, you mentioned the connectors for the lights re "tyco 2 pos connectors"? Are you familar with these? Do you know where we can find them after market? If you do, please PM me or post here please. These connectors are used in other places on the car. Nice to have some extras.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait forget it I have it in the front doors only since I don't have PILP

You guys should look up the thread on logo lights where the puddle lights are. Very cool. Easy to do too.