Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the latest update (I think), it is 2023.44.30.6, I also did a reboot after. My 2023 MSP has 20" square setup I have 2200+ miles. I still have the vibration between 30-50 mph. It occurs with the low, medium and high height settings. Strange that it occurs sometimes and sometimes not. I went to the SC and the tech informed me that they are aware of it and I asked (since it was my biggest concern) whether it's due to an imbalance of the front drive shafts, he said no, the software is trying to adjust the smoothness of the acceleration...don't know whether that a BS explanation or something that makes sense.
Can anyone chime in on this.
Otherwise the car has been flawless...well, except for a creak when the hatchback opens up almost to the highest opening. I had the SC look at it and they told me I had to go to the body shop for them to possible adjust the hinges just a little which involves leaving the vehicle and possibly with only Uber rides instead of a loaner. Apparently the top of the hatch as it opens to its highest point is rubbing against the body. I did not want to leave the car, so I just adjust the opening of the hatch just before the creak occurs. I've hit my head a few times when I'm putting and retrieving stuff but I guess since I don't do it often enough I don't have much muscle/brain memory to remember to duck lower.
Darn. It unfortunate that they update still doesn't fix it. Tesla bought mine back because of the vibration. Thinking of getting another, but they still can't fix the damn vibration.

Deciding between ultra red vs blue vs stealth grey ( I ordered in Dec so have all colors for free). Now that red is 2500 and I have it free is it good to go with ultra red on model s. Thoughts?
I think red is the best, but obviously a personal preference.

Can you change colors now without paying more? I have a feeling that if you try to change your order you'll get hit with the new pricing.

Reactions: teko
I think red is the best, but obviously a personal preference.

Can you change colors now without paying more? I have a feeling that if you try to change your order you'll get hit with the new pricing.
Thanks. No it allows me to change without any change in pricing ( when I edit design it says Included )
and they send a new agreement which is the same as the old one from a price perspective. question I have is are there any quality differences between red and stealth grey (the sales people in the store did not know anything about it )

Thanks. No it allows me to change without any change in pricing ( when I edit design it says Included )
and they send a new agreement which is the same as the old one from a price perspective. question I have is are there any quality differences between red and stealth grey (the sales people in the store did not know anything about it )
I doubt there’s any quality difference. Just expect poor quality from all Tesla paint.

• Funny
Reactions: teko
oh interesting. That's good to know. When I take my order off hold I'll try to edit my design. Hopefully it doesn't change the pricing!