Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S updates interior? [Speculation]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This probably is not what we'll see for S or X.

First, the console display is wrong. The display will likely be rotated into landscape mode - which will be more usable when Tesla enables videos when operating under FSD. Also a curved display is not ergonomic - creating increased reflections moving the top of the display further from the driver.

S should get door pockets with any interior refresh - so redesigning the doors is likely.

Unlikely we'll see steering wheel controls like what is pictured - Tesla seems to have settled on the current design with two scroll wheels - plus Tesla will likely be shifting to a steering wheel-optional design (when FSD is approved), so it seems unlikely they would make any changes related to changing controls on a steering wheel.

And with the lack of storage in the front of the S - would they really cut the glove compartment in half???

The drawing looks interesting - but probably not what we'll see from Tesla for the next S/X interior.
I’m willing to bet the refreshed model s will finish off its life cycle before FSD is available.

Would be nice if Tesla was first to the (US) party with side camera stalks, given that it’s been a thing since very early on.

Unfortunately, it’s also something they’d have to get right from day one. And as we’ve seen from v9, AP2, and the FSD vaporware... Uh... not so much and not a strength.

Maybe they’ll reverse engineer or license another manufacturer’s approach. Note the Mercedes steering assemblies in the first few years of Ses.

Audi E Tron GT interior

maxresdefaultn.jpg

It's pretty much a given that the next S/X will have a horizontal screen similar to the Model 3. Tesla wants to unify the layout so they don't need to develop software for both orientations. Also horizontal is superior when it comes to in car entertainment.

The S/X are the flagships for Tesla. Having the same interior as the M3 would not set them apart and would feel as a downgrade. I prefer the dual screens

Same. If it has the same interior, screen, range, glass roof, charging speed as the 3, then it's just looks, suspension and hatchback left. The extra bit of performance on the ludicrous is not gonna matter to a lot IMO.

The Y is going to get air suspension as well I think + hatchback, so then you're left with looks+performance in that regard.

And for what, $30 k +++?

Reactions: Gixx1300R
Same. If it has the same interior, screen, range, glass roof, charging speed as the 3, then it's just looks, suspension and hatchback left. The extra bit of performance on the ludicrous is not gonna matter to a lot IMO.

The Y is going to get air suspension as well I think + hatchback, so then you're left with looks+performance in that regard.

And for what, $30 k +++?

Exactly

It's pretty much a given that the next S/X will have a horizontal screen similar to the Model 3. Tesla wants to unify the layout so they don't need to develop software for both orientations. Also horizontal is superior when it comes to in car entertainment.
And then they went and made the Roadster 2020’s screen vertical. Of course, it still remains to be seen what comes off the final production line (things can always change), but it sure looks like they haven’t totally walked away from it yet (in a forward-looking context). It’s possible the S/X/Roadster could have a similar interior, and the 3/Y another. The truck might even share interior design with the Semi, who knows at this point. The only thing I know is nothing is a “given” with all of this speculation.

The difference between the S and Y will also include RANGE (90 miles of range, to be exact, between the long range versions of the S and Y). As we all know, in the EV business, range is king and this will be a significant point of differentiation. I write this as a current S owner and Y reservation holder as well as a potential buyer of a new, long range (370 miles!!) Model S. While not thrilled with the early renders of the “potential” interior refresh of the S, I am waiting patiently for the official unveiling before passing any judgment. If the new version is to my liking, it will be purchased on the day its unveiled. If not, I will quickly scour the available inventory (that hopefully will include a choice of Raven configurations by that time) and make a purchase. Win-win in my book.