Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, new here. I liked the original roadster and considered it, but took the R8 over it. With the announcement of the Model S though, Tesla has my attention again.

I am still probably going to wait until they get the govt loans before I put down a deposit.

I, too, am thinking the same. When I was on the pre-order page, I noted this as part of the terms and got a bit scared:

Use of Funds
The Model S reservation fees will be used to fund the growth of the company and its infrastructure required for the successful launch of the Model S. You acknowledge that your reservation fee may be lost, in part or in whole, if Tesla ceases to be viable as a company. If Tesla remains viable, but the Model S program is cancelled, you will receive a full refund
I know they've already started delivering roadsters, but since it seems that they're using preorders to fund things, and the state of some of the other automakers around... it's concerning indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now THAT is GOOD news. That easily cleared out my biggest problem with the Model S thus far.

Since you've got a direct line to Musk it seems, any news on any of the other stuff on my new wishlist ? :)

Cobos

I don't want to wear out my contacts and that was a really important thing to me and most of the people in here. Other items not listed by TM as standard or optional have been stated that they are up in the air for a while. TM will release stuff as fast as they firm it up. I would guess from conversations with Elon and others that they INTEND this to be a LUXURY vehicle and comparable to all those in its class so probablitity is high they will at least be options if not standard equipment.