Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Used Price Check

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
have you checked KBB private value? When I sold mine last summer, I did many hours of research on about every site. Sold cars, sold auctions, market value, carmax, vroom, carbuyerusa, blah blah blah. And KBB was right on the mark for highest price. Got me several thousand over carmax, vroom, etc. Like $8k more via private sale. Car sold in days to a buyer halfway across country

I just bought a 2018 P100d with everything from a good friend with 86k miles in great shape.

A few months ago Tesla offered $53k as a trade-in.
Brokers (Dallas) were apparently offering $69k then.
Brokers a week ago were offering $55k. That's the price he gave me, and I'm very happy.

seems okay deal, but not great

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 90
Just for a data point, I sold my 2018 Model S to my brother for $35K. Of course, he immediately took it to Ohio and sold it to another relative, and knowing my brother, he was well reimbursed for his travels and made sure he made a profit.

But too many folk think they should recoup all expenses plus the original price of the car. Most other cars lose half their value when they leave the lot. If you're buying a Tesla just to make a profit on some other sucker, that leaves a stain on all of us. Unless you're a car dealer, you should not be making a profit, because you got to own the car and drive it, and it depreciated on your watch.

Just for a data point, I sold my 2018 Model S to my brother for $35K. Of course, he immediately took it to Ohio and sold it to another relative, and knowing my brother, he was well reimbursed for his travels and made sure he made a profit.

But too many folk think they should recoup all expenses plus the original price of the car. Most other cars lose half their value when they leave the lot. If you're buying a Tesla just to make a profit on some other sucker, that leaves a stain on all of us. Unless you're a car dealer, you should not be making a profit, because you got to own the car and drive it, and it depreciated on your watch.
Uh not sure I agree with that.

We live in a capitalistic society. Is there some rule out there saying private owners are not allowed to make profit on a car sale? Shame on us! How dare we! Lol.

No expectation beyond what the market demand is willing to pay…there is nothing wrong with that imo. One could say the same about your house…you used it and enjoyed it so why bother selling it expecting a return?
I get that cars are usually depreciating assets…however in todays market they are bucking this trend. Kudos to those who see this and make smart financial decisions 👍🏽

Reactions: Greg63