Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - V9 software downgrade, not what I purchased.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, Sounds like you must have made a big stink about something before, What version was rolled back to what earlier version? I'm even less surprised now that it sounds as though Tesla has decided you'll never be happy and they shouldn't bother trying.

I didn't make a "stink" about anything before. The car updated. My wife drove my son to school and when she got back in the car, it wouldn't start. All screens went black. She called support and they towed the car to a service station. They told her the car had to be rolled back to the previous update and she would have to update again at some later time. So obviously, they can update. They have even admitted this in e-mail.

Wow, reading through this tread, and your multitude of responses to everyone, you really come off poorly and fairly offensive.

I'm thrilled you saved hundreds on having to buy a dashcam, but:

You also seem to quickly dismiss that there at over 50k cars out there that have no sensors on them in any way to detect vehicles in your blind spot other than the rear view camera. With the design of the car and the side view mirrors, there simply isn't a way to clear the blind spots for many divers.

There is NO full self driving future for these cars. That means when you make changes to the UI, and those changes cause reduced visibility, increased distraction, increase the amount of time your eyes are off the road, and increase the time it takes to get your eyes back on the road when you need to, it is a real problem. When these end up causing an accident, and they will, it will rest squarely on the shoulders of the UI designers that made these changes.

Those items are a safety discussion, not someone just wining because they don't like change. It's our job to make this clear to Tesla and the UI designers that don't realize what they have done, and it's Tesla's job to listen.

Peter

Perhaps
You have a rather confused view of the world, and it's making you rather unhappy. You bought a car with software that is intended to be updated. That means it will change. You bought that, but you don't seem to understand what it means. Some things will get better and some will get worse over time. You don't get to choose and you get no control. If you don't like that, then don't buy such a product.

I'm quite sure the vast majority of Tesla owners don't care one way or the other. I doubt they could tell you what's different. Observing the complaints you see here tells you little about the wider world.

Meanwhile, Tesla is heading towards a world of full self driving. This whole question of what goes on the screen that isn't entertainment will become increasingly irrelevant. That's what they are concentrating on. And me, I'm kind of amazed to be observing the massive amounts of complaints from people saying that yesterday they were driving a car ten times better than any other car out there, but now it's degraded to only 9.99 times better and they sure are angry about it.

I just saved spending hundreds of dollars on a dash cam! And the UI differences between the V8 and V9 on the S and X are inconsequential. In fact the UI differences between the 3 and the S are inconsequential. They're good enough. And they're all software so they're going to change, mostly for the better. Get used to it.

Geez, this thread seems to be a good example of why 2 of my friends said they no longer visit this forum. People just want to argue and try to prove they are right and you are wrong. One person wants to be smarter than the other. If you don't agree with them, then you must be an idiot in their view. Why can't people just state their reason and move on? You're just increasing your anxiety, blood pressure, and die earlier. Glad I'm turning off notifications of thread like this. My ignore list is also getting longer.

My ignore list is also getting longer.
Off-topic: I don't ignore people I disagree with. I ignore-list people who have a very low percentage of useful posts. I think that's, like, 5 people for me and it's make a huge positive impact on my perception of the value I get from here.
In that vein, I think this thread has run it's course of usefulness. Is there a way to put a thread on a "never show me this again" list?

Reactions: Silicon Desert
LOL... That's all I could really do with your post is laugh... To say the Model S is an "average car" is a complete and total farce in every way... To each their own for sure but you're really, really straining to come up with any sort of reasoning why you're dumping your Tesla for a Lexus... Really a Lexus...??? LOL...

Then top it all off you claim your local Lexus dealer is flooded with Tesla trade-ins? Yeah... Sure... Who would have thought there'd be a run of Tesla owners frantically dropping their Tesla's for a Lexus...??? Really??? You want us to believe that...???

Yeah, yeah I know I'm not helping the community by mocking others car choices blah, blah, blah but a Lexus...??? Really...???

Jeff
If you could just point me in that direction of the Lexus dealership with a surplus of cheap Teslas, that'd be great.....

Geez, this thread seems to be a good example of why 2 of my friends said they no longer visit this forum. People just want to argue and try to prove they are right and you are wrong. One person wants to be smarter than the other. If you don't agree with them, then you must be an idiot in their view. Why can't people just state their reason and move on? You're just increasing your anxiety, blood pressure, and die earlier. Glad I'm turning off notifications of thread like this. My ignore list is also getting longer.

^^ Is there a "Couldn't possibly agree with you more!" button? If not... there should be. Maybe I'll start that thread! :p:D

• Funny
Reactions: jeffro01
05D442B0-9449-4414-8BF4-C992ACEE7AF8.jpeg

So, what, one tweet is all it takes? I really hate how 500 people can use the official support channels, come to fisticuffs on TMC, and then all we get is crickets from Tesla corporate. But all it really took was some rando tweeting to get the response we all wanted?
In the end, I think we all realize that we never "really" did have control over anyone and quite possibly ourselves either! (palm smacks forehead) DOH!

So, what, one tweet is all it takes? I really hate how 500 people can use the official support channels, come to fisticuffs on TMC, and then all we get is crickets from Tesla corporate. But all it really took was some rando tweeting to get the response we all wanted?

I'm sure the decision was made internally in response to all the flak.

The Twitter thing was simply Elon's habit of announcing things before Tesla gets a chance to.

I do wish Tesla would use official channels more since it really does feel like the situation is like you described it.

With Elon there is no time frame.

Another tweet he made tonight was about drive-on-nav, and the only time frame we got was SOON. What is soon?

• Funny
Reactions: marchino and GSP
Yeah I don't really trust his tweets. They will probably just make it so the camera is on top, but not give us split screen functionality back. And the ranting will continue. Still waiting for phone as fob, built in dashcam, etc... Is there a thread, or site that has compiled all of the future features he has tweeted about?

The Twitter thing was simply Elon's habit of announcing things before Tesla gets a chance to.

I do wish Tesla would use official channels

Yeah I don't really trust his tweets.

Maybe Twitter *is* Tesla's official means of communication. What if Apple or Microsoft did such a thing? I.e. "The iPhone 12 is coming out soon and will walk the dog and do the dishes!" Or what if the President announced major policy decisions in 140 bytes or less??

OK, maybe scratch that last one.