Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - V9 software downgrade, not what I purchased.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of maps (not trying to hijack a thread, just mentioning it), I've asked this before and I'll ask it again ...
Why has no one (to my knowledge) provided any mapping software with a "layer" that shows weather?
I would like to be advised "5 miles ahead expect torrential rain" or better still "dummy, that's a hurricane you're driving into!"

Reactions: George II
Speaking of maps (not trying to hijack a thread, just mentioning it), I've asked this before and I'll ask it again ...
Why has no one (to my knowledge) provided any mapping software with a "layer" that shows weather?
I would like to be advised "5 miles ahead expect torrential rain" or better still "dummy, that's a hurricane you're driving into!"
I use Tesla Weather Radar Map for the Tesla Infotainment Systems. I'm not sure if that's really useful to keep up full-time anymore with V9 since it takes up your only non-mediaplayer area, and I'd rather have trip estimator from the energy graph for longer trips (where you're more likely to have to route around weather).

OMG. Just drove for an hour on freeway with Version 9.
WHAT were they thinking?
My car was in for service and we agreed DO NOT UPGRADE. They did anyway with a BS excuse about prior versions not letting them gain full access to cars diagnostics.
They must think we're stupid!
You have a lawsuit against them for that. They're not allowed to upgrade if you expressly told them not to, period. Unbelievable.

Not sure I agree. The mutual agreement was VERBAL.
Ok, it was in writing by email but no on ever replies to emails any more from there.
And if I were to litigate, I would not expect to obtain service in the future ... would I?
(1) If you have a service contract, yes, you would expect to. They don't get to break one contract just because you sued over them breaking another contract -- that's obviously not how it works.
(2) They still have to make warranty repairs, as required by law.

Once it's out of the warranty/service contract time frame, of course, you have no promises that the car will be serviceable at all.

Try this app in your main screen browser for Weather forecast/maps, Waze, News and Stock ... qTesla

upload_2018-10-30_20-0-10.png

upload_2018-10-30_20-1-48.png

• Informative
Reactions: SpudLime
Such an easy thing to adjust mirrors correctly. Look over the shoulder too.

Most people will find bringing up the rearview camera while driving unnecessarily distracting.
Not only does the rear view on the screen give you a lot better view than the mirror, but it's also brighter and easier to see. Especially if you have tinted windows.

• Disagree
Reactions: Bill Price
Such an easy thing to adjust mirrors correctly. Look over the shoulder too.

Most people will find bringing up the rearview camera while driving unnecessarily distracting.
I disagree, considering the backlash I think you see most people take good advantage of the rear camera. It gives me much better view of what is behind than that any of the rear view mirrors. I much prefer it.

What Many fail to realize, they took a very usefull feature away from the 17 inch screen
including any app top or bottom and full screen app capability.
it is a tremendous step backwards for many of us.
allot of screen navigation requires more buttons to push
plus having the row of apps on top where your eyes are looking near the road is better
than having to look way down.
I do not use the camera while driving but I use waze full screen allot
and have all sorts of apps open in different positions
I will not downgrade to v9

Last edited: