Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Valet Instructions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Inspired by another site that put together a helpful valet instructions page, I did a more visual version. You can find it here: http://terresta.com/tesla/ Suggestions for improvement welcomed.

Simple and very visual--I like it! For the key instructions, IMHO the small instructions at the top left should zoom in on just the part about lock/unlock, to make sure it's very clear it's single/double tap to lock/unlock and not just a single/single toggle. Valets shouldn't need the other parts (frunk/trunk). Personally I wouldn't need charge instructions for a valet, but I guess someone may (is there long-term parking with a valet?).

I like this page! You might add a quick sentence to point out that there is no on/off button or switch.

I had to leave the car with a valet yesterday at a wedding, there was no other parking. I gave the guy instructions, but apparently he didn't get it and he came running after me to ask where the On button was. When I turrned around an looked he had turned on the hazards and turned off the climate control, but never realized the car was already "on".

I'll bookmark your page on the S for next time. Thanks again!

Ug I am never leaving my Model S with a valet until they get a valet-mode that limits motor output and top speed. I will go someplace else, park far away and walk, anything to prevent handing my fob over to a valet.

LOL - I felt the same until I took my wife in the Model S to the more elegant restaurants... Then I discovered they always put the car just a few feet away on "display" like they do with the most impressive vehicles. :)

Shock