TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model S Valet Instructions

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by martin.p, Apr 20, 2013.

1. martin.p

martin.p Member

Inspired by another site that put together a helpful valet instructions page, I did a more visual version. You can find it here: http://terresta.com/tesla/ Suggestions for improvement welcomed.

2. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

Simple and very visual--I like it! For the key instructions, IMHO the small instructions at the top left should zoom in on just the part about lock/unlock, to make sure it's very clear it's single/double tap to lock/unlock and not just a single/single toggle. Valets shouldn't need the other parts (frunk/trunk). Personally I wouldn't need charge instructions for a valet, but I guess someone may (is there long-term parking with a valet?).

3. orlando

orlando Member

Nice - just leave it up on the browser when you valet. There should be a "valet" mode that lowers speed, leaves something like this up on the screen, and locks out the glove box (with a code to disable).

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Nice job. Maybe for first picture put
    Put foot on break-->Push down (Drive)

Maybe at top:
    Warning: Speed constantly recorded

5. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Valets will shuffle cars for charging at certain hotels in Las Vegas.

6. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

Great idea! I will bookmark it in the S! (BTW, I love being able to bookmark things in the S! Pretty friction cool.)

7. TurboFroggy

TurboFroggy Member

Ug I am never leaving my Model S with a valet until they get a valet-mode that limits motor output and top speed. I will go someplace else, park far away and walk, anything to prevent handing my fob over to a valet.

8. SteveH

SteveH Member

I like this page! You might add a quick sentence to point out that there is no on/off button or switch.

I had to leave the car with a valet yesterday at a wedding, there was no other parking. I gave the guy instructions, but apparently he didn't get it and he came running after me to ask where the On button was. When I turrned around an looked he had turned on the hazards and turned off the climate control, but never realized the car was already "on".

I'll bookmark your page on the S for next time. Thanks again!

9. Shock

Shock Member

LOL - I felt the same until I took my wife in the Model S to the more elegant restaurants... Then I discovered they always put the car just a few feet away on "display" like they do with the most impressive vehicles. :)

Shock

10. Nikoli

Nikoli Member

Every time I've had to valet (very few) there was damage done to the vehicle. I will never valet the S or any future Tesla we buy. I'm done with valets.

11. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

My suggestion: WARNING: This vehicles movements are logged by the vehicles computer and accessible in real time by the owners smart phone.

12. TTT

TTT Member

Broken link