Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S versus a Motorcycle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to ride motorcycle and was always amazed by the tremendous acceleration of heavy bikes. Has anyone raced a Tesla Model S against a decent street bike? I was shamed by a mere 400-500 CC bike in the next lane last week.

Just about any liter bike is going to out-accelerate it and destroy it on top end. Some more recent smaller engines probably can too. A cruiser would need some heavy modifications but they're out there.

My best Tesla moment, so far, was to take a Harley at a green light. Once I showed down and dropped down to the speed limit he passed me with a big thumbs up and a smile

With my $7,500 Federal Tax Credit, I bought a 100 year anniversary edition Harley VROD and I have a Honda CBR 600RR. Completely different animals, but so much fun and so much speed.

To me, THAT is what we need to use gas for. There is nothing like going through the gears up to 100 MPH or so . . .

With my $7,500 Federal Tax Credit, I bought a 100 year anniversary edition Harley VROD and I have a Honda CBR 600RR. Completely different animals, but so much fun and so much speed.

To me, THAT is what we need to use gas for. There is nothing like going through the gears up to 100 MPH or so . . .

I dunno. I don't ride a motorcycle, but I do like the idea of the Zero. I think having a Tesla and a Zero would be neat.