TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S Video Game Appearances?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by joshuaeven, May 3, 2013.

1. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

I know there is a little Model S available in Car Town (or whatever that Facebook game is called), but is the Model S in any of the other driving games?

2. Bucket22

Bucket22 P85 / #3287

I'm also interested in finding a game where I can drive my car. The Roadster is available for purchase in Gran Turismo 5 (see Gran Turismo 5 - List of featured cars), but I have not yet seen a Model S available in a video game. I would run out and buy GT5 today if it had a Model S option.

3. byt

byt Member

PS4 will be here around November and typically a new GT title comes with a new console. Model S maybe there?

4. dave

dave Member

Haven't seen Model S anywhere.

Ironically I just raced the Roadster against a friend of mine... on the Top Gear test track...

5. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

I'm curious as to how the game captures the sound and feel of driving an EV.

6. dave

dave Member

The Roadster has a slight whine. Very weird after driving all the monster ICE cars. It also doesn't seem as fast as I thought it would be, but that could be because I'm usually driving very high end cars.

7. Bucket22

Bucket22 P85 / #3287

8. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

Thanks for the link!

9. mhpr262

mhpr262 Member

I don't care about video games but I sure hope they will license the body design of the Model S to Tamiya or somebody so I can finally get a fitting body for my electric 1/10 scale RC cars!

10. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

Let's not forget a Model S Transformer!!!!

11. Majerus

Majerus Member

There is speculation that the game will be release for ps3 then ported to ps4 some time in November. Below is the link. If the roadster performance relates to the model s performance in gran turismo it will give the car no justice.

Gran Turismo 6 could be launched on November 28

12. ryanjm

ryanjm Tesla Podcast Host

I cover video games for a living (I'm an executive editor for IGN.com) so I think I can help out in this thread.

The three major racing game franchises that include real cars are Forza Motorsport (Xbox), Gran Turismo (PlayStation), and Need for Speed (multiplatform). All three of these series have featured the Roadster, but as of yet none of them (nor any other driving game) has included a Model S. However, I expect Forza Motorsport 5 to be a launch title alongside the as-yet-unnamed next-generation Xbox console that's due out this holiday, and Gran Turismo 6 is, as Majerus has already noted, expected for PlayStation 3 this fall as well. Either or both have a pretty good chance of including the Model S -- if not out of the box, then as a part of a downloadable car pack post-release. Another new Need for Speed will also release this fall (it's an annual series), but I would put the chances of Model S appearing in that game at markedly less than Forza or GT.

It's definitely going to happen sooner or later. The accolades and word-of-mouth on Model S are simply too much for the video game developers to ignore.

I'll let you all know once I hear confirmation that one or more of the games will include the S.

Hope that helps!

13. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

always nice to hear from someone in the know. thanks! Any word on aTesla/Blizzard collaboration? ;)

14. Bucket22

Bucket22 P85 / #3287

15. Sigma4Life

Sigma4Life Member

16. Bucket22

Bucket22 P85 / #3287

I have Gran Turismo 6 pre-ordered for the PS3. It doesn't release until December 6, though, so I picked up Asphalt 8 for 99 cents after getting a heads-up that it has a Model S from this thread: Model S featured in Asphalt 8 game. While it is neat to see a Model S in a video game, Asphalt 8 does not purport to be a simulator. For example, I just did a mid-air barrel roll in my Model S and have spent in-game coins to upgrade the "engine" and "nitro". But of all the artistic liberties, the one that bothered me the most is the absence of realistic color options. I've had to settle for driving a bright blue Model S with silver wheels instead of my dark blue with grey wheels.

17. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

Wow, that's tough. I don't know how you manage it. For sure I'd want to throw my joystick at the screen. :rolleyes:

18. MATTEmarc

MATTEmarc Member

The Model S is in the GT6 promo video.

19. Tytanium

Tytanium New Member

20. Mr X

Mr X Future Owner