Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S vs Model 3 First Impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not for any real length of time. I'd say from the comfort standpoint, the rear seat width in the Model S is superior and the bench has been sculpted as 3 seats whereas the Model 3 is really 2 with a center section bridging between them. It's also probably 6" wider. 10 minutes to go to lunch, sure. Driving a group of 5 around all day for site visits for work or a road trip, not so much.
This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks much. It seems that I'll be sticking to the S

Attempting to answer the questions posed here since yesterday.

Thank you very much. The first-hand impressions are invaluable.

The design issues you'll get no matter when you order until a redesign which with this car will be a very long time.

As someone with a very early Model S, I can assert that this isn’t necessarily a safe bet. Tesla didn’t do normal model year revisions, but rather a constant stream of incremental improvements. Vehicles built only a few months after ours have refinements that I would have appreciated, though we are certainly still overjoyed with the vehicle. Perhaps the Model 3 will be a different story. Perhaps not.

In any case, despite expecting a configuration call any day now we’ll probably hold out for the all-wheel drive variant and see what else changes along the way.

Fix for the stuck auto tilting left side mirror was to just stop and manually adjust it back up after starting forward. It happened multiple times on the drivers side so I just turned the auto tilt off until I have a chance to take it for service for that and the other glitches. Other items of note in our ride the rest of the way home today:

I forgot all about the lane change warning which causes the steering to vibrate when not in the center of the lane with the blinker off. I turned it off over 2 years ago on the S since it annoyed me and never set it in again. Default was on at delivery of the 3. I turned it off and haven't noticed it happen again so that must be it.

Another missing function in the S not in the 3 is the trip graph showing remaining charge by distance considering elevation. At least couldn't find it. Hopefully that will get added back.

Another glitch is after arriving home the scheduled charge option wouldn't enable. Guess I'll plug in and start the charge after 10P when lower time of use rates kick in until that is fixed.

Average wh/mi was 250 (even) for the 500 odd mile trip home!

Yes, overall I'm extremely happy. Didn't expect perfection with 23xx VIN. Thanks for the reply.
Where do you turn on auto tilt on the model 3? Thanks