Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Wagon?

Model S "Touring"

• Excellent idea, would take it over Model S!

Votes: 112 50.5%
  • Great idea for a lot of buyers, but would still buy the sedan

Votes: 74 33.3%
  • Not a good idea.

Votes: 36 16.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must admit I don't know what the recent Vette looks like. But yes, something like that BUT not "bolt on top" but rather "replace".

Take away the rear hatch and replace it with one that would make it into a station wagon.

So to be clear, you're not talking about a retrofit that existing owners could have installed. You're talking about an entirely new model? I'm sure a customizer with plenty of time, money, and expertise in working with aluminum could probably do it.

So to be clear, you're not talking about a retrofit that existing owners could have installed. You're talking about an entirely new model? I'm sure a customizer with plenty of time, money, and expertise in working with aluminum could probably do it.

I AM talking about a retrofit. If at all possible. Either by Tesla themselves, or third party.

Order a new hatch, in a different shape - with the same color as the car. An optimum solution would be a real station wagon, but in lack of better, such a hatch would be the next best thing.

Shooting Brake? Station Wagon? Estate?

Seems a shooting brake is less roomy and more sporty than a station wagon.

In any case - I think it would be possible to make a station wagon of a Model S by simply making a custom hatch for it. The main issue (apart from fitting and being compatible) would probably be the weight of it.

@DITB The Callaway rear "wagon" hatch replaces the standard C7 hatch. It's a "bolt-on" in the sense that it requires no other modifications to the vehicle, but it replaces the rear hatch door.

So that means NOT an entirely new Tesla, but a mod. That could possibly be an acceptable solution until (if ever) Tesla decides to make an estate.

No matter how much some people hates estates (wagons, whatever), they can't ignore that other people DO want them. If we want EVs to take over from ICEVs, then there must be enough choices to fill the significant segments. For Europe, the DOES include wagons. And yes please, WITH a towing hook option.