TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S wanted for an EV event on Orkney ,scotland UK

Discussion in 'EVents' started by ecocars, Mar 7, 2015.

1. ecocars

ecocars New Member

Hi Folks

We have an EV event on the 17th April on Orkney ,staring Mr Robert Llewellyn , hes driving up from Oxford in an i8 (sorry am i allowed to say i8 in here !!??)

Tesla was going to loan robert a Model S for the trip ,but it all fell through, hence the 'default' to the i8.

I'm really looking for a model s to be the star of the show inside the picky center with a TG style set (800 people attending) to hear roberts talk 'so electric cars are rubbish'

So anyone fancy showing off their pride and joy ?

Easiest way to Orkney is Via Northlinks boat from Aberdeen .

Date is Friday 17th April , so catching the thursday 16th april 5pm boat from aberdeen.

Any questions ?

Regards

Jonathan

eco-cars.net
    01856 751730
    07778 298165

2. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I'll volunteer but only if you pay to have me and my car shipped to Scotland:)

Seriously, if I lived in the UK I'd be there. Love your country and people. And especially love driving your narrow twisty roads through some of the world's most beautiful country.

3. ecocars

ecocars New Member

Hi Thanks for your enthusiasm, im not as rich as Elon ,but thanks for your message !
    best regards

Jonathan

4. Brunel

Brunel Member

Worth putting this request in the UK and Ireland forum.

There are some Tesla owners in Edinburgh and a recent debate was had about the lack of Superchargers in Scotland, but a decent reliance on CHAdeMO.

5. Jim MacInnes

Jim MacInnes Member

Sounds like a fun event. Please invite my cousins Hilda and Sandy Firth who live in Kirkwall. I am sure they would enjoy seeing a new Tesla.

6. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

I would happily attend as well if I were in the U.K.

Just as a side note, I was in Edinburgh last August and saw two Model S's (one Sig Red, the other brown) driving around...hopefully one of them can step up and attend your event.

Cheers & good luck!