Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Wedge for Child Car Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exciting news, my Model S is going to be delivered in a couple of weeks. The main car we will be using with the children is the Model X but as that's not arriving for a bit longer, I need to get our 3 car seats into the S.

So there are a couple of options. Buy new car seats (kids are 3, 5 and 7), preferably with harnesses, that all fit in, or get some sort of seat wedges to lift the seat heights up, especially on the outside seats to enable us to fit our existing 3 car seats in.

Can anyone advise on whether they have done this and if it worked OK? Or on the best car seats that will fit in without needing to resort to this!

Could the eldest go on a booster? I couldn't find a full seat that fit the 3 very well (head rests don't come off) so got a couple of booster for my 2 (9 and 6). Not quite as safe, but the panic in Which? etc is mostly based around being able to put them into a 1980's astra, not a modern car with side curtain airbags etc.

Shorter/younger people are fine in full seats, but the taller they get the more the headrest pushed the child seat back off the car seat back.