Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Weekend at Santana Row Video & Photo Links

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is a newer version actually. The newer lacewood is much better looking IMHO and actually resembles wood. I remember someone describing the older lacewood as a rash...and I think that was a rather apt description!
Yes, the photos from post #78 do remind me of the measles. The recent design studio version looks much more attractive. Anyone seen the lacewood in person at Santana Row?

Lacewood is an exotic wood (just google it) - but lighter in color in its natural, unstained state. I really liked what I saw in Santana Row. Muted, interesting texture - it was my favorite.

Thanks Bonnie,

I find the texture interesting, but perhaps it would look less like a rash if it just had a clear coat of sealer over its natural color. It might look really nice with a tan interior.

Larry

PS Now this lacewood really looks great to me!

lacewood.jpg

Last edited:
This photo contains a WhiBal gray card, which I used to set the while balance (so that gray looks gray and not beige). I increased contrast and brightness, so in real it is probably darker. The smaller pieces are probably brighter because of their angle and the resulting reflection, but I'm not sure if that is the only reason. Lacewood seems to look a bit different from different angles, even in its texture.

_MG_1050.jpg

The first sorta show the shoddiness of the beta interior:

View attachment 5075

That's exactly the sort of mess that I saw in Geneva too.

The design of that vent is a disaster, period. But you notice the gap at the top of it where the lid hinges? You could get a finger in there and there were sharp edges.

Those photos do nothing to make me change my mind that the look and feel of the interior is straight out of 80s GM.

Lacewood seems to look a bit different from different angles, even in its texture.
That's odd. I like the look of the large dark brown lacewood sample which seems like it would go well with black leather interior. However, I don't like the smaller samples which appear to be light gray and particularly dislike the "measles" version on the right. I guess I'll have to see it on a beta car in person since Bonnie and others seemed to like it at the Santana Row event. Thanks for all the feedback!

That's odd. I like the look of the large dark brown lacewood sample which seems like it would go well with black leather interior. However, I don't like the smaller samples which appear to be light gray and particularly dislike the "measles" version on the right. I guess I'll have to see it on a beta car in person since Bonnie and others seemed to like it at the Santana Row event. Thanks for all the feedback!

Right there with you buddy! It's odd how different they look, but from the Design Studio, my wife and I feel Lacewood looks best.

That's exactly the sort of mess that I saw in Geneva too.

The design of that vent is a disaster, period. But you notice the gap at the top of it where the lid hinges? You could get a finger in there and there were sharp edges.

Those photos do nothing to make me change my mind that the look and feel of the interior is straight out of 80s GM.

To be fair, that's from an older car. I think someone here (maybe engle) got shots of a newer car from the back seat. I vaguely remember thinking "at least that crap is cleaned up"

To be fair, that's from an older car. I think someone here (maybe engle) got shots of a newer car from the back seat. I vaguely remember thinking "at least that crap is cleaned up"

I think the old Betas are built in a much more prototype-ish way than the eventual production cars, and one doesn't say much bout the other (except that Tesla avoids spending tons of money and resources on the betas, which wouldn't benefit the production cars). BTW, Tesla is very aware that even the recent betas have gaps in places (I was pointed to a specific one), and that's one of the kind of things they are working on currently. They just want us to have a look before everything is complete and done.

I like the look of the large dark brown lacewood sample which seems like it would go well with black leather interior.

Are you saying that the samples at Santana Row included dark brown lacewood sample even though the on-line Design Studio only includes a Black (or perhaps grey) lacewood option? I would think brown lacewood would look great with a tan interior.

Thanks.

Larry

Are you saying that the samples at Santana Row included dark brown lacewood sample even though the on-line Design Studio only includes a Black (or perhaps grey) lacewood option? I would think brown lacewood would look great with a tan interior.

Thanks.

Larry

I took it that he meant the pic of the guitar? If so, I think I'd disagree. iLife it better darker.

I took it that he meant the pic of the guitar?

Probably not. Here's what he posted at the official Tesla forum:

I like the uniqueness of the lacewood, but am concerned by EcLectric's comments about the lack of consistency of the trim in the betas. I like the dark brown look in the new design studio, which would go well with black leather interior, but not the speckled lighter gray version I have seen in other photos. - bbmertz

Larry

Color me dumb, but I don't get it haha. Also don't see the vents mentioned in the other thread. So either not in yet, or won't be

If you are working for a longer time on the touch screen (perhaps surfing), it's natural to move the legs in front of it. (But I wouldn't be sure if that's reason it was designed this way.)

"Also don't see the vents mentioned in the other thread.": On which photo do you see the vents? This is one of the "new" betas.