Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Weekend at Santana Row Video & Photo Links

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the samples in Santana Row, I would say the lacewood is gray-black with hints of brown. It works with all the upholstery options.

Hi Robert,

Were you at Santana Row, or are you commenting on the photos of the samples posted earlier?

If you were at the store did you get a chance to view the lacewood in the Black beta VIN#23?

Thanks.

Larry

Hi, Larry -- I was there in person, so my impressions are based on what I saw live, including walking the samples out into the full sunshine. I saw the lacewood in VIN#23 on my last trip, and the lacewood on VIN#29 this trip. #29's was more a matte finish than is shown on the samples, but the color was consistent: gray-black with a suggestion of brown.

Further on color:

The metallic blue, brown, and green are transformed in full sunlight.
  • The brown is much lighter than the Studio Designer indicates; a passer-by who clearly knew what he was talking about compared it (favorably) to Porsche's Macadamia Metallic.
  • In full sunlight, the blue had an azure highlight to it, like Mediterranean waters. This is not the buttoned-up BMW imperial blue, nor quite a one-note bright of BMW's Deep Sea Blue, but somewhere in between, both darker and lighter than Deep Sea Blue. Intriguing.
  • Again in full sunlight, Sequoia Green really sparkles. It avoids shading over to either blue or to yellow. Very handsome -- still my favorite. Based on what I saw, my order today would be green with tan leather and lacewood trim.
My concern about the banana leaf interior, based on the Santana Row samples, is that it's inconsistent. You might get a lovely piece, but there are other pieces that look like cheap Contact paper.

Hope this is representative:

Mnut.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, Larry -- I was there in person, so my impressions are based on what I saw live, including walking the samples out into the full sunshine. I saw the lacewood in VIN#23 on my last trip, and the lacewood on VIN#29 this trip. #29's was more a matte finish than is shown on the samples, but the color was consistent: gray-black with a suggestion of brown.

Further on color:

The metallic blue, brown, and green are transformed in full sunlight.
  • The brown is much lighter than the Studio Designer indicates; a passer-by who clearly knew what he was talking about compared it (favorably) to Porsche's Macadamia Metallic.
  • In full sunlight, the blue had an azure highlight to it, like Mediterranean waters. This is not the buttoned-up BMW imperial blue, nor quite a one-note bright of BMW's Deep Sea Blue, but somewhere in between, both darker and lighter than Deep Sea Blue. Intriguing.
  • Again in full sunlight, Sequoia Green really sparkles. It avoids shading over to either blue or to yellow. Very handsome -- still my favorite. Based on what I saw, my order today would be green with tan leather and lacewood trim.
My concern about the banana leaf interior, based on the Santana Row samples, is that it's inconsistent. You might get a lovely piece, but there are other pieces that look like cheap Contact paper.

Hi Robert,

Thanks, very helpful.

Is the metallic blue also lighter in full sunlight than the paint samples viewed indoors, or the Design Studio?

Larry