TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S went dark while supercharging

Discussion in 'New England' started by dio1974, Jan 10, 2017.

1. dio1974

dio1974 New Member

Hi All,
    My model S did something odd today while I was visiting the Auburn, MA supercharger. I was listening to a podcast enjoying a break from the highway when my car powered down. I was able to still check charge status and turn the heat back on using the app on my phone, however everything else was dark. Once I opened the door the car came back to life, however this is the first time I've experienced this. It was almost as if the car thought I had left. Any ideas???

2. figers

figers X60D Owner

Did the car key fob die?

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

If you sit in the car for half an hour without touching the screen or any other control it will power down.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. dio1974

dio1974 New Member

Thank you! That must be it.

5. Blissedout

Blissedout Member

If you put the car in Neutral and set the parking brake manually it will not power down, I think.

6. Jurnimon

Jurnimon Member

I've seen my car lose connection and "power down" while on both L3 and L2 at least 3 times. The car will take 3-5 min to start back up when I return. Hasn't happen since 7.1 though.