Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - 'What If' photochop amalgams

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More goofing around:
3302244490_8ab17f869d.jpg

(Not an actual photo of Model S - just trying stuff in a paint program).

Except they put the rear brake caliper on the front of the disc instead of the back! :tongue:

Seriously we are all just guessing what the side of the rear tail lights will look like. ...and if there is a spoiler or not...

Also what happens to that thin line that comes off of the Tesla logo on the front quarter panel?

Where exactly does the rear door seam cut through the back window?

Some surprises remain.

I think that the Left Lane one is closer. A bit less realistic but I think the lines in the back more closely resemble the first teaser we got. Plus I actually like that one better so that may be swaying my decision. If it looks like the Left Lane one I am ordering ASAP. If It looks like Wired's I will probably wait until I can get it in the showroom. Wired's is good looking but quite frankly there are tons of cars out there that look like that so what would make the Tesla special. It would be another dime a dozen sedan with little pizzazz. Only thing diffirenciating it would be the battery.

I think that the Left Lane one is closer. A bit less realistic but I think the lines in the back more closely resemble the first teaser we got. Plus I actually like that one better so that may be swaying my decision. If it looks like the Left Lane one I am ordering ASAP. If It looks like Wired's I will probably wait until I can get it in the showroom. Wired's is good looking but quite frankly there are tons of cars out there that look like that so what would make the Tesla special. It would be another dime a dozen sedan with little pizzazz. Only thing diffirenciating it would be the battery.

I agree. The Wired one also seems a bit small to me to be a "family"/"practical" car. It seems more sporty, the Left Lane one looks more elegant...and more spacious. But either way, i'm ordering one ASAP.

The Left Lane mockup wraps the boot/trunk lid much further around the rear corner of the car than it appears in the original teaser shot (that features von Holzhausen). But that is not to say that Tesla haven't tweaked the styling a bit since that first appeared.

By the way, we seem to have 3 threads that are all now broadly going in the same direction, so I think a tidy up is on the cards.

I have not seen the car in full. I think Wired has a somewhat valid point with the upward sweep at the rear, but they have over done it by quite a bit. If you look at the teaser, there is a SLIGHT upward sweep, but not nearly as much as the Fisker Karma. It also looks like there is a sweep up, and then it goes back down again, so Wired is probably not correct here.

Although Fisker was involved with the original design of the Model S, I think Elon and Franz pretty much started for scratch.

"We could not use the Fisker styling. The styling was substandard compared to what he unveiled for his product. He gave us an inferior work product, and it's obvious why."

So Wired's assertion that it will look similar to the Karma is probably not valid at all.

Last edited:
The Left Lane mockup wraps the boot/trunk lid much further around the rear corner of the car than it appears in the original teaser shot (that features von Holzhausen). But that is not to say that Tesla haven't tweaked the styling a bit since that first appeared.

I think that this ...

attachment.php?attachmentid=156&stc=1&d=1235591815.gif

Looks more like this ...

attachment.php?attachmentid=157&stc=1&d=1235591815.gif

This was my point. In the LLN version, the boot/trunk opening curves much more around to the side than in the original sneak peak. If you look at the gap, it's much more on the flat bit. The corners are probably less rounded, if that makes sense.