TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S - what would you change?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Hybris, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Hybris

Hybris Member

If you did order the car again. What would you change regarding your configuration?

Any option that Tesla dont offer that you miss vs other cars?

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I'd get the "+", which wasn't available when I bought the car. Other than that, no changes.

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

If I had to order the car again with the options available when I ordered: Nothing.

If I had to order the car again with today's options: + and parking sensors. I might also spring for things like the rear heated seats, but that's just having fun not "must have".

5. wormhole

wormhole Banned

Parking sensors and cold weather package...plus i'd get the P+ even though I don't need the P, I just want the +

6. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

1) add a darn coat hook. When going to a business meeting, sometimes a jacket is appropriate and hate not being to hang it. Or when picking up dry cleaning.

2) Support more than one Bluetooth device. It's insane that I have to choose whether to stream music from my music device or sync a phone. I keep my media off my phone.

3) Support native Apple/iOS music on the USB connection.

4) add an Aux port. It's another easy way to get entertainment on the system.

5) support Flash or video streaming on the touchscreen...

These are mostly stuff I learned from picking up the S at Fremont and driving home to SoCal.

Love the car, really feel that the entertainment options could be improved.

As for built in options. I got the PDC and the Cold Weather. They are both very useful.

7. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

I'd pay more attention to road noise. I like the P+, but the road noise can be annoying in certain road types. It would be noisier in an ICE, but it could be better IMO.

8. ACDriveMotor

ACDriveMotor Member

At this moment I would not order smart air. Coils felt great on a test drive. I bought air for low height capability. Lots of missing features compared to my previous cars:

- Adaptive cruise
    - Blind spot radar
    - Anti collision braking
    - Ventilated seats
    - AC Power outlet

9. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

yea I wouldn't change a thing except I would have added (well some of these are packaged in):

1) automatic folding mirrors
    2) parking sensors
    3) red calipers
    4) cold climate package

but on the flip side with the P85, I would not add the alcantara headliners, performance seats, puddle lights, extended nappa leather, and I also would not pay $2500 for the sound system (it wasn't even worth the $900 or so at the time), and I would not order the air suspension (which is currently crippled with the current firmware version) merely because I don't think any of those are worth the $$ that Tesla is charging for them. Not even close.

So that being said, I am glad I ordered when I did to get all those for free.

10. GSP

GSP Member

My wish list for new options:

1) heated steering wheel
    2) adaptive cruise control
    3) forward collision warning (with auto brake apply)
    4) "plus" dampers and bushings with 19" spring suspension
    5) coat hook
    6) enough Superchargers to take direct route to my destinations, instead of 70 mile longer route.

GSP

11. jchangyy

jchangyy Member

Everything others have stated.

and I'd like conventional handles. I've some handle mechanism issues and door not opening (or opening when you don't want them)

12. woof

woof Model S #P683 Blue 85 kWh

1. Heated Steering Wheel.
    2. Auto closing Frunk. (or some hands free way of closing it)
    3. More comfortable seats.
    4. Adaptive cruise control

13. NeverEnough

NeverEnough Member

Cooled seats.

Cooled/ventilated steering wheel.

14. William13

William13 Member

It's always changing already. (Firmware). ;)

15. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

More bolstering on performance seats.

16. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

Improved suspension in the rear. P+ bushings and maybe dampers would do the trick.
    Less turns to lock the steering wheel. Eliminate tiny dead spot at top/center of steering wheel.
    Heated steering wheel.
    Better seat bolstering.
    Body color door handles.
    Less noisy A/C. A/C shouldn't drown out the Mustangs and F150s with flowmasters when it's going full tilt.

17. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

I'd order the "subzero package" which WAS NOT AVAILABLE when I ordered my car. :cursing: I still hope this will be retrofittable.

I'd also order parking sensors, which also were not available when I ordered my car. Not quite as essential, though.

18. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

I was originally ticked off that the accessories went up and saw that these became available... So, in the end of it all, both the options you mentioned ended up in our configuration.

Have to say that the PDC is pretty useful for the front (tight parking) and the camera makes the rear ones redundant.

19. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

It wasn't available when I ordered in November '12, but red calipers, parking sensors and the "+" configuration. I probably would have added the jumper seats too, as there were several times I could have really utilized it and I think it will help with re-sell, if I ever do sell it.

20. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

Biggest wish for me is iPhone integration with the touch screen. I feel silly (as well as being distracted and annoyed) having to futz around with my phone to select music when that big screen is right there.