Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - what would you change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I had to order the car again with the options available when I ordered: Nothing.

If I had to order the car again with today's options: + and parking sensors. I might also spring for things like the rear heated seats, but that's just having fun not "must have".

If you did order the car again. What would you change regarding your configuration?

Any option that Tesla dont offer that you miss vs other cars?

1) add a darn coat hook. When going to a business meeting, sometimes a jacket is appropriate and hate not being to hang it. Or when picking up dry cleaning.

2) Support more than one Bluetooth device. It's insane that I have to choose whether to stream music from my music device or sync a phone. I keep my media off my phone.

3) Support native Apple/iOS music on the USB connection.

4) add an Aux port. It's another easy way to get entertainment on the system.

5) support Flash or video streaming on the touchscreen...

These are mostly stuff I learned from picking up the S at Fremont and driving home to SoCal.

Love the car, really feel that the entertainment options could be improved.

As for built in options. I got the PDC and the Cold Weather. They are both very useful.

At this moment I would not order smart air. Coils felt great on a test drive. I bought air for low height capability. Lots of missing features compared to my previous cars:

- Adaptive cruise
- Blind spot radar
- Anti collision braking
- Ventilated seats
- AC Power outlet

yea I wouldn't change a thing except I would have added (well some of these are packaged in):

1) automatic folding mirrors
2) parking sensors
3) red calipers
4) cold climate package

but on the flip side with the P85, I would not add the alcantara headliners, performance seats, puddle lights, extended nappa leather, and I also would not pay $2500 for the sound system (it wasn't even worth the $900 or so at the time), and I would not order the air suspension (which is currently crippled with the current firmware version) merely because I don't think any of those are worth the $$ that Tesla is charging for them. Not even close.

So that being said, I am glad I ordered when I did to get all those for free.

My wish list for new options:

1) heated steering wheel
2) adaptive cruise control
3) forward collision warning (with auto brake apply)
4) "plus" dampers and bushings with 19" spring suspension
5) coat hook
6) enough Superchargers to take direct route to my destinations, instead of 70 mile longer route.

GSP

Improved suspension in the rear. P+ bushings and maybe dampers would do the trick.
Less turns to lock the steering wheel. Eliminate tiny dead spot at top/center of steering wheel.
Heated steering wheel.
Better seat bolstering.
Body color door handles.
Less noisy A/C. A/C shouldn't drown out the Mustangs and F150s with flowmasters when it's going full tilt.

If you did order the car again. What would you change regarding your configuration?

Any option that Tesla dont offer that you miss vs other cars?
I'd order the "subzero package" which WAS NOT AVAILABLE when I ordered my car. :cursing: I still hope this will be retrofittable.

I'd also order parking sensors, which also were not available when I ordered my car. Not quite as essential, though.

I'd order the "subzero package" which WAS NOT AVAILABLE when I ordered my car. :cursing: I still hope this will be retrofittable.

I'd also order parking sensors, which also were not available when I ordered my car. Not quite as essential, though.

I was originally ticked off that the accessories went up and saw that these became available... So, in the end of it all, both the options you mentioned ended up in our configuration.

Have to say that the PDC is pretty useful for the front (tight parking) and the camera makes the rear ones redundant.

It wasn't available when I ordered in November '12, but red calipers, parking sensors and the "+" configuration. I probably would have added the jumper seats too, as there were several times I could have really utilized it and I think it will help with re-sell, if I ever do sell it.