TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S Whispbar Roof Rack System (Fits all years of Pano Roof)

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by JPUConn, Aug 1, 2018.

1. JPUConn

JPUConn Active Member

Excellent condition. Used a handful of times. Packaged in original box and ready to ship. Selling because I haven't used it in quite a while.

Price: $440 shipped continental US (Venmo only) - local pickup in CT or reasonable distance surrounding also available.

S37W
    K930W SmartFoot Kit - compatible with all years of Pano Roof

Sold new from Tesla for $550+Tax+Shipping
    (Yakima skybox not included)

IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_3798.JPG IMG_3799.JPG IMG_3800.JPG IMG_3802.JPG IMG_3803.JPG IMG_3804.JPG IMG_3806.JPG IMG_3809.JPG

2. JPUConn

JPUConn Active Member

Sold and shipped to new owner.

3. cmarshack

cmarshack Member

What was your Wh/m with the SkyBox on the car cruising at freeway speeds?

4. JPUConn

JPUConn Active Member

I only used this setup on one trip so my results may not be the best to follow from.

This was in a 2013 S85 (RWD) loaded up with 2 adults, 3 kids, and overpacked with vacation gear in frunk/trunk/rear seat floor and cargo box. The 100 mile drive to our first destination was 314 Wh/mi. This was lower than my non-cargobox average of 334 for the prior 3k miles. With the cargo box I went considerably slower (speedlimit max) and drafted very closely behind a bus for the majority of the drive.

The overall trip was 415 miles at 339 Wh/mi so really wasn't that bad but I was going super slow.

When I wasn't drafting behind a truck and going full highway speed I noticed a 20-30% increase (400+ Wh/mile consumption) and quickly slowed down or found a truck to draft.