Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Whispbar Roof Rack System - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S Whispbar Roof Rack System

Selling a complete Whispbar Flush Bar Roof Rack System for Tesla Model S with panoramic roof.

System is approx. 1 year old and has been used ~5 times. Stored in garage when not in use.

Comes complete with two crossbars, locks/keys, SmartFoot fitting kit.

Can be picked up locally in Los Altos, CA, or I can ship for $20.

List Date: 8/18/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Model S Whispbar Roof Rack System
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

4216d2ce-3062-4d61-9732-bb4ce008cbb5.jpg

I'm using it, it's great

Thanks @mankanstar, I agree, the roof rack does work great. Reason I'm selling is I finally gave in and bought an ICE truck for the occasional camping/skiing trip with the family. I just couldn't stand taking the Tesla to state parks any more, stuffed with camping/skiing gear. It did work, but I really felt bad. That's why I bought a used beater SUV, and thus no need for the roof rack anymore.

Thanks @mankanstar, I agree, the roof rack does work great. Reason I'm selling is I finally gave in and bought an ICE truck for the occasional camping/skiing trip with the family. I just couldn't stand taking the Tesla to state parks any more, stuffed with camping/skiing gear. It did work, but I really felt bad. That's why I bought a used beater SUV, and thus no need for the roof rack anymore.

What did you feel bad about? Is it just that you like to keep your S pristine and that's hard to do with camping gear, skis and dirt roads? I ask because 95% of our driving is for ski/camping trips of some sort and we couldn't be happier with the S for that purpose. Great traction in bad weather, plenty of power for any situation, and handles like a dream -- better than any car I've ever driven, even when loaded down with five people, a full trunk/frunk, and a Yakima Skybox 21 on the roof. It does get filthy and I do occasionally worry about rocks flying up on long dirt roads, but ultimately this is what we got the car for and I'm prepared to live with the consequences. To each his own of course, I'm just curious if you had any particular scares or if you're merely trying to keep it in a "luxury" state.

To add to what some others have said, I cannot give enough praise to the Whispbar. It's easy to install, very sturdy, and of course has great compatibility and endless possibilities coming from Yakima. I was weary about giving up our X reservation for an S given our aforementioned use case, but the Whispbar has convinced me we made the right decision. It's great to be able to throw it on and have a ton of extra storage space and a place to put dirty gear that isn't inside the car, and it's also great to be able to take it off and increase range and sportiness when that storage is unnecessary. It makes the car a great deal more versatile and functional.

Reactions: JPUConn
What did you feel bad about? Is it just that you like to keep your S pristine and that's hard to do with camping gear, skis and dirt roads? I ask because 95% of our driving is for ski/camping trips of some sort and we couldn't be happier with the S for that purpose. Great traction in bad weather, plenty of power for any situation, and handles like a dream -- better than any car I've ever driven, even when loaded down with five people, a full trunk/frunk, and a Yakima Skybox 21 on the roof. It does get filthy and I do occasionally worry about rocks flying up on long dirt roads, but ultimately this is what we got the car for and I'm prepared to live with the consequences. To each his own of course, I'm just curious if you had any particular scares or if you're merely trying to keep it in a "luxury" state

You know, living in Northern California means we're all completely OCD about keeping our cars cleaner than new. Driving in the rain (if and when it rains, maybe twice a year) is reason enough for a full detail. That aside, i do agree that the S is a pefect car for camping/skiing trips - especially with a roof rack.